"But-"

"I know you want to spend your summer with Mia and the others," he interrupted. "but you also need to be with your family. Think about how your mother feels. And I know what your father did was wrong, but you can't just ignore him forever. You'll have to speak with him sooner or later."

"Fine," I sighed, and with that, he ended the call.

After my parents divorced, mom has been shunting herself out lately. Before leaving for Greece, I tried to talk to her, or get her out of the house, but she said she wanted to be left alone. Jacob's parents moved out of our house a few months ago, but they still like to visit mom, especially Mrs Daniels.

She's informed me that mom was feeling a bit better and that she's starting to go out more. As for my dad, I don't know how he's feeling. I haven't seen him since the trial.

When Ben and I left Amoudi Bay, he decided he wanted to spend the rest of the day by himself for a while, so I was free to go back home. I was thinking about going home, but because we were about to leave Greece in a few days, I decided to buy a something for Mia.

She loved reading, so I went to Atlantis Books, which is an independent bookstore with multiple fiction and non-fiction books written in several European languages such as Greek, English, Spanish, Italian, etc. I've seen Mia read several different genres from science fiction to horror. Recently, I know that she's been reading a romance book with mystery and action, so I might just buy something similar to that.

Looking through the bookstore, I found three books I thought Mia would like. I tried to pick one that she'd like the most knowing that she'd probably be upset if I bought all of them.

In the end, I bought all three.

As I got closer to home, wondered if Mia was already back since I haven't called or texted her lately. Which was something I don't usually do. When I was just about to call her, I heard my name being called out. I'm looking around, I spotted Zoey smiling and waving at me.

Not now.

Before I could leave, she had already made her way past the people between us and was standing in front of me.

"Hey, it's been a while," she smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," I replied.

"Are those for your girlfriend?" she asked, pointing at the books.

I smiled. "They are. She's a real bookworm."

"You must really know her well."

"Of course. We were always together ever since we were young. I could practically write an entire book about her."

She chuckled. "I bet you could," she said. "Anyways, are you here by yourself? You're usually with your friends."

"I was with a friend, but I decided to have some time to myself."

"In that's case, would you like to join me? I have to pick a gift out for my sister, Natasha," she suggested. She stepped closer to me as she looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"I actually have to get back home," I told her, taking a step back. Zoey frowned before her face split into a smile.

"That's alright. I hope you get back home safely."