CHAPTER EIGHT

I'm back from the dead.

Chapter 08

- Mia White -

Yesterday didn't go as planned the moment Zoey arrived. When she decided to stay with Ace and I for the rest of the day, my mood soured. The way she tried to flirt with Ace while I was with them annoyed me to the point I just wanted to punch her in the face. But I didn't want to be a violent person.

When we got home, all I wanted to do was go to bed, but I also had to tell Sarah about what happened, as well as Jacob. It seems that Ace has been a bit more comfortable with Jacob hanging out with me, as long as I was with another person of course.

"I knew something was strange about her since the beginning," Sarah said.

Hopefully, Zoey doesn't do anything that bad, I don't want to start any more drama. I've had enough of that with what happened at school. Speaking of which, I heard that Mindy's brother, Austin, is doing much better. I'm glad that he's feeling better, and that he doesn't have to go through what he did again.

I woke up alone this morning, but when I looked at the nightstand when reaching for my phone, there was a letter from Ace saying that he and Ben were going out for a bit. I wanted to know where they were going, but I'm sure he'll tell me once he's back.

After taking a quick shower and changing into a fresh new pair of clothes, I went to the kitchen to see if I could find anything to eat.

"Finally, you're awake," Levi said once I entered the kitchen.

"How long have you been up?"

"A couple of hours," he replied. "Do you have any plans for today?"

I shrugged. "Unless you, me, Sarah and Jacob want to go somewhere, then no."

Opening the fridge, I grabbed the sliced watermelons in the container that Ben and Sarah cut yesterday and placed it on the counter. Unfortunately for me, the bowls were placed higher up in the cupboard so I had to grab a stool.

Short people problems. But hey, small things come in big packages.

However, before I could grab a stool, Levi already beat me to it. He chuckled when handing me the bowl. "You're so short."

I glared at him.

"You know, if you don't have any plans, why don't we go somewhere?" He suggested.

"Just the two of us?"

"Yeah... I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to."

The only reason I'm don't really want to go is because things may get awkward. I know he likes me - or at least I think he still does - and it would be weird since I'm dating his best friend. But I don't want us to be distant, Levi is my friend, and I just want things to go back to the way they used to.

"I guess it's alright."

He grinned.

Before I could say anything, Sarah walked in and sat down at the table. She looked tired, which somehow made me remember.