CHAPTER TWELVE

Chapter 12

- Mia White -

"And that's what happened," I sighed before looking at Sarah for her reaction.

It's been a few days since I returned home, and since then, I haven't talked to Ace, or have I been outside. Promising Sarah that I'd tell her everything, I texted her saying that she can come over. My parents were at work for the whole day, so I had the whole house to myself.

Considering that I haven't texted her until today, she rushed to my house, eager to know what was wrong between Ace and I. She listened, only muttering a few times but waited until I was done speaking before she could start complaining about Ace.

"I'm gonna fucking murder him," Sarah said.

"Sarah..."

She sighed. "Okay, I think you and Ace should really take a break. He always messes up, makes promises he can't keep, and he keeps secrets from you. You can't forgive him like you always do, Mia. He needs to realize what he's doing is wrong."

"So, we should break up?"

"No, but you should spend time without him for a while," she said before getting off the bed and heading to the door. "I just need to do something, okay? I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Sarah smiled. "Ace's house."

Without another word being said, she left. I felt my shoulders relax after finally telling someone what had happened. It was as if I was carrying a bag full of bricks, but now, that heavy feeling on my shoulders was lifted.

Sighing, I laid on my bed before closing my eyes. I really needed to sleep. I haven't been sleeping lately because my thoughts would always drift back to Ace. Almost everything reminded me of him. We spent most of our childhood days at my house, and all the gifts he bought me were placed around my room brought the memories of him before it clouded my mind with just a simple look.

But whenever I remember what happened in Greece, there was always this feeling in my heart, as if it was being gripped tightly and ready to be ripped out of my chest. The feeling was hard to shake off and it constantly came when I was reminded of Ace. I would leave my room and go downstairs to try and forget him, but it didn't help since my parents had a picture of us all around the house.

Ace would also send a vase full of flowers and leave it on my doorstep with an apology card. He's been doing things since we came back home, so there were several flowers placed around the house. I had to give some to Sarah - which she gladly took - since it was too much.

I really need to get out of here.

Getting off the bed, I made my way into the bathroom. When seeing my reflection, I cringed. Even if I ate and slept, - when I could - I looked like I was about to collapse any minute from now. I looked like all the life out of me was sucked away.

Taking my eyes away from the mirror, I stripped my clothes off before going into the bathtub. Once the water was at the temperate I wanted, I grabbed the shampoo and washed my hair. It was really oily.

After I was done taking a shower, I dried myself off with the towel before drying my hair. Leaving it a bit damp and letting it air dry, I combed my hair. It was much better to style and touch my hair since it wasn't oily anymore. I felt refreshed and a bit more relaxed than before.