:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: End] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

I scowled at him. "You know Dustin, you and him are going to have to get along. Very soon. It's best you get an early start."

"I don't want to get along with him," Dustin responded, pouting.

"Stop acting like a kid."

"No!"

"Dustin."

"Maddie."

We frowned at each other for a few moments until we both broke out in laughter. I don't know what was so funny, but for a few minutes we couldn't stop and I was starting to find it hard to breathe. I put a hand on Dustin for support and tried to catch my breath, holding a stitch in my side.

Dustin coughed for a minute. "That was nice."

"Yeah," I agreed. "It's been awhile since I laughed like that."

Dustin smiled and shook his head and sighed. "Same here."

The song changed, and everyone around us switched gears. From fast to slow. All around us couples were beginning to slow dance. Dustin smiled apologetically at me.

"I would ask for this dance, but I'm afraid I have prior engagements," Dustin told me, bowing slightly.

"It's okay," someone else responded for me. "I can take her from here."

Dustin's eyes slightly narrowed and I turned to see Damian politely smiling back at him. I shot Dustin a glare and Dustin looked at me slightly taken aback. There was a moment of silence and I stared determinedly at Dustin. After a moment of a mini staring contest, Dustin sighed.

"Yo, blood sucker," he started, turning to Damian with a frown.

"Yes?" Damian responded, frowning slightly at him.

Dustin opened his mouth and after a few seconds he closed it. He opened it again and made a small sound before shutting it again. He cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh just get on with it!" I said, elbowing Dustin in the side.

"Thank you," he finally muttered, looking at the ground.

Damian's face went blank for a second, and than shock passed across it. He stared at me curiously for a second, and then at Dustin. He cleared his throat as well. "You're welcome?"

"For my life, and Maddie's," Dustin continued, nearly burning a hole in the ground from how hard he was glaring at it.

"It's no problem," Damian responded, still sounding surprised.

"Well. That's it. I've got to go."

Dustin looked up, nodded once to Damian and flashed a quick grin to me before disappearing in the sea of dancers. Damian gave me a questioning look and I sighed and shrugged at him.

"He's just being Dustin."

"Ah," Damian responded, nodding. "Quite acceptable."

"Yup..."

Damian smiled at me and held out his hand. "Care to dance?"

I smiled back and him and nodded, taking his hand. He swept me closer to him and placed a hand around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed to the tempo, easy and slow.

"You know what happens after this party, right?" Damian started, his face impassive.

"Yeah. I figured it out as soon as you planned the party. This will be my last time seeing my friends, right?"

Damian nodded and smiled gently. "We can start over somewhere new. You'll make new friends."

I nodded in agreement. "However, I'm still going to keep in contact with the ones I have here."

Damian frowned slightly and was about to protest when I silenced him. He looked at me questioningly.

"Ever heard of the internet? Or is that too old-fashioned for you?"

Damian slowly smiled and shook his head. "You kids and your advanced technology."

I laughed and Damian chuckled, rubbing my back.

"It's not the end," he told me, as I sighed.

"You're right," I responded, looking up and grinning again. "This is only the beginning."

Damian flicked me in the forehead. "Yes. And I will be there for every step we take in the future."

"From dawn until dusk," I told him, reaching up to peck him on the lips.

"And from dusk until dawn," he responded, stooping down low to return the kiss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just to let you all know, this was the first story I ever wrote an ending too, so of course it isn't going to be a good ending xD But... I think it works out fine-- especially since even if i wanted to re-write it, it's been so long since this has been finished, I wouldn't know the characters as much anymore... well I do, but you know what I mean. CoughI'mjusttoolazytoocough.

Well I hope you enjoyed it~

Though that last line... literally made me "lol" because it's cheesier than provolone.

Last time I can say this... Vote! Comment! Join my facebook fanpage (in external link to the right)

Lots of love!

~ Jordan (xxSkater2Girl16xx)