4

Rose closed the coffee shop early so she could go home with Cal.
Hopefully her boss wouldn't check in.
The drive home was longer than usual, Ruby had left in her car and JJ had gotten a lift from Cal so they had to drop him off first.
The sun had started to set by the time they had dropped him off. So the two decided on a take-away instead.
After fishing out her keys from her handbag Rose unlocked the door into the small apartment she shared with her father. It was the smallest in the block but Rose didn't mind, it was only her and her father that lived there anyway.  It looked terrible when they first got it, that's probably why it was so cheap.

When Rose was fifteen she persuaded her dad to help her do the place up. Pretty much everything was from the British heart foundation, They spent all of Rose's birthday money and Aidan's small paycheque getting it perfect.
Two of her dads brothers Marcus and Jay even came up from Brighton to help paint and do the electrics.

"Dad?" Rose called as she walked into the living room

"I'm in here" he respond.
As Cal and Rose made there way into the cramped kitchen, they see Rose's father, Aidan counting out £50 notes, a cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth.

Aidan Monroe was fairly handsome for a 38 year old man, even though his dark brown hair was starting to go grey and the tattoos he had done as a teenager had began to fade. His eyes were still a sparkling emerald green, that had never changed.

He had found out he was a dad at the age sixteen. He never did particularly well at school but he had saved up enough money doing odd jobs. His family didn't really have a lot, they lived in a council house in the outskirts of Brighton. Rose's mother was the complete opposite. She lived in a massive house on the sea front and her parents were loaded.

He didn't even know his ex girlfriend was pregnant until Rose was outside his front door in a cardboard box crying her eyes out, no one with her.

One day she just shut him out and nine months later there was a baby at his family's front door.  All there was with her was a note; It said something about being sorry and that her family wanted her to give her up for adoption but she thought this would be better.

She always was dramatic.

*-*

"Babe" he whispered shaking her lightly. She let out a small murmur hardly moving.
"You should go to bed Rose. your knackered" she had fallen asleep on Cals lap while they were watching some classic gangster movie that Rose liked. He hadn't really been paying attention.
Aidan had gone out hours ago, leaving the two alone.
So much for a night together, he sighed.

He lifted her up gently and carried her into her bedroom. For once the room wasn't a complete mess.

Placing her down on the bed he kissed her head softly before walking over to the area she kept  her tortoise, Frank

Placing her down on the bed he kissed her head softly before walking over to the area she kept her tortoise, Frank. When they first met Ruby had mentioned Frank. Callum thought she was joking. She definitely wasn't, that tortoise hated him. He made sure he has food and water. While also trying to avoid getting bitten.

He quietly grabbed a pair of shorts he'd left a few nights ago that were slung over a chair and changed so he could join his girlfriend.
"I love you"

*-*

When Rose woke up the next morning he was gone. She didn't remember how she had got to bed the previous evening but she assumed her vanishing boyfriend had something to do with it.

"Hey dad" she said sleepily as she made herself a cup of coffee.
"What are you doing up so early?" He questioned as he lit up another cigarette.
"I could ask you the same thing" she responded as she sat at the table opposite him, Taking a large bite from his toast.

Aidan rolled his eyes at his daughter, as he took a sip of coffee out of his favourite mug.
"What time did he leave?" She questioned.
"About 6:45am said he had a meeting or something I didn't really listen to be honest"
"So what time did you get in then? I'm assuming you haven't slept yet?"
Her father looked up at the clock behind her. It was quarter past eight, he hadn't been to bed yet.

He just shrugged his shoulders.
"Can't remember. it wasn't that late thought"
Rose wanted to question him but she decided against it. He looked tired. The bags under his eyes made him look older than he actually was and his normally clean shaven face was littered with stubble, not to mention the small split on his top lip.
"Whatever you say pops"

@Rose_M: I didn't wake up like this 💁🏼

@PTaylor: My beautiful English Rose  🌹😍
@RubyRata: Cal is one lucky guy x ☺️💕
@realcalfreezy: no you didn't 🙃
@Rose_M: @realcalfreezy love you too I guess😐💖
@RubyRata: @realcalfreezy don't make me come over & hit you 🤫😉

Rose MonroeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara