Merciful God

Some of you guys are probably tired of always hearing the "he will never leave you or forsake you" answers that people give you when you are going through something. Yes I agree it's great to hear the Bible and to read it but sometimes people need to take different approaches at things instead of always saying the same stuff repeatedly.

I'm currently reading through Hosea a book I keep forgetting  exists along with many other old testament books I might of decided to look at or look through but I found something so encouraging that I would love to share it with you!

(I suggest reading Hosea Chapter 2 before but I will summarize it up anyways) 

Israel is turning on God by worshipping other Gods and well if you aren't at this book in the Bible yet or don't know what has happened previously Israel has had a lot of ups and downs. What would you expect God to do? Get mad because his people won't listen to him and they ignore him. I know I would get mad if someone was not listening to me. As followers of God we do that so much to him. But he says something you probably would not expect to hear.

In verses 18-19, God says that he will make a covenant with Israel and that he will engage with them forever and he will show them his righteousness, lovingkindness, and mercies. But didn't God already show them his mercy? They were turning on him and in return he brought them closer to him by having a relationship with his people.

Let this be encouragement for us. For all the people who feel like God is not with you or that someone else in your life is not with you either know that God wants to draw near to engage with you and have a relationship with you. How do we know this? Because of what he did with Israel. This does not mean we can take advantage of him but what this does show is how much he wants to have a relationship with you as well. So let that be your encouragement for today. :)