Chapter 9.5: A Little Bit of Salt from Me to You

A/n: Just a fun little chapter of what (Y/n) does in the meantime...

(Chibi Third Person POV):

Ruby was currently sneaking around and trying to catch (Y/n) off guard. The unsuspecting male was sitting on a bench with his head tilted back. Light snores came from his mouth to indicate he was sleeping.

Ruby slowly approached the sleeping (h/c) haired male. Her silver eyes were focused intently on his weapons. That meant his sword, jacket, wristwatch, and rings. To the young girl, it was like the holy grail.

The huntress quickly wiped away her drool and stood in front of (Y/n). She slowly reached for her first prize, his prized sword. However, right when Ruby was about to place her finger on the hilt, (Y/n) stirred from his sleep.

(Y/n):"I swear if that loli Gollum with a weapon fetish is touching my weapons, I'll skin her alive..." The male mumbled in his sleep. Ruby had to hold in her terrified scream, while (Y/n) settled back down.

Ruby:'I wonder who he's talking about? What's 'loli' anyways?' The innocent girl silently questioned. After a few seconds of recovering her confidence, she attempted to grab the weapon again. This time she was successful.

In Ruby's hand was the Sword of Truth. It was still in its sheathe, but not for long. The huntress stared at the weapon with an abnormal desire to touch it.

Ruby:"Precious..." She whispered in an unnerving tone. Ruby slowly grasped the handle of the sword and prepared to unsheathe it. Right when she was about to do so, Ruby heard the cocking of a gun.

Ruby turned around to see (Y/n) pointing his pistol, Wrong, at Ruby. An angered expression was plastered on his face. The huntress forced a terrified smile and began to laugh nervously.

Ruby:"H-Hey, (Y/n). I was just uhhh..." She trailed off in not finding a viable excuse for her actions. (Y/n) gestured for Ruby to come forth with his pistol. Ruby sighed sadly and did as told.

Ruby:"I just wanted to see the blade." She mumbled in disappointment. (Y/n) raised his eyebrow at her comment.

(Y/n):"That could sound so wrong out of context, but I'm glad you didn't unsheathe it." He replied tiredly. Ruby looked at him in surprise.

Ruby:"Why?" She questioned curiously and handed him back his sword. (Y/n) took Deathwish into his hands and set it down on his lap.

(Y/n):"If someone unworthy were to use this sword, they would spontaneously combust on the spot." The male explained casually. Ruby blinked several times still processing those words. She then felt relieved in not doing so earlier. However, a smile spread across her lips.

Ruby:"So you do care about me." She stated happily. (Y/n) merely scoffed and stood up.

(Y/n):"Fuck no. It's easier to prevent your death than explain why the rose became ash like the nursery rhyme to Goodbitch and Ms. Cleavage Supreme." He snapped.

Ruby:"Is the nursery rhyme: Ring around the Roses?" She asked for clarification. (Y/n) nodded in confirmation.

Ruby:"One more question. Who were you talking about in your sleep?" Ruby asked curiously. (Y/n) stared right at Ruby and spoke.

(Y/n):"You." He responded bluntly.

Ruby:"Then what is loli and fetish?" She asked innocently. (Y/n) began to laugh hysterically before leaning down to Ruby's height.

(Y/n):"Here's an important part of your huntress education. Look up those two words on the internet. Make sure to find images as well. Oh! Even check out something called hentai." He advised with a smirk. Ruby nodded, as she took notes. When she finished, she smiled thankfully at (Y/n).