{Ch 10}

"When someone loves you, they don't have to say it

"When someone loves you, they don't have to say it. You can tell by the way they treat you."
-Unknown
~~~~~

- Jackson POV -
(Mostly a filler chapter, lots of detail though)

The next day wasn't as boisterous as I had expected. Everyone stumbled out of their rooms looking like victims of a tsunami, clothes wrinkled and hair a bird's nest. Castiel was in the kitchen, his raven locks the only one not a bundle of knots, and he was already suited in his routine trenchcoat and suit.

I woke up with my hair covering my face in intricate patterns of frizz and tangles. I stole Sam's shirt again for the night, seeing as it was comfortable and reminded me of arms wrapped around me, protecting me from any harm that may have been caused. With a yawn, I stumbled around the hallway, my eyes still struggling to remain open after the wonderful rest I had.

"Hey Cas." I smiled, tripping down the stairs as I walked into the kitchen.

He rushed over, steadying me before I hurt myself. "Be careful, Jackson. We have a case tonight and we cannot have you wounded before it."

I chuckled, my mind still unfiltered and loopy. "Yeah, whatever. I'm only there to flirt with the bodyguard; I hope he's cute."

Castiel tensed under my grip and I let go, aware of my attire, our closeness, and the fact that I just blurted out something about another guy in front of the angel that I liked.

After my talk with Charlie yesterday, I decided to embrace my feelings for Castiel. They were blatantly obvious to her, if not already to me. I always wondered what he would think before I did anything, praying that he could bottle his feelings for anyone he might find attractive and stay by my side. If that wasn't infatuation and caring, I didn't know what else it could be. It was hard to ignore my feelings for him, and it was even harder to not become too attached. Whenever we touched, my pulse seemed to chug adrenaline. His presence and his gaze uncoiled my heart with every passing moment, revealing my true colors and unlocking me from the cage I've trapped myself in.

My mother's passing has taken a toll on me I didn't think anything could reverse. I was dwelling on her memory of what once was, using our past to guide me and right my wrongs. It was selfish, inpatient, and cruel of me to use her even after death as a playing card. I have to let her go; I have to let her memory fade along with her spirit. I won't ever forget her and the things I've learned, the way she shaped me into who I was, but she wasn't a crutch and I wasn't broken. I just needed something to lift me from this trance; and I knew what I needed to run into the sunset and find my own happy ending.

I needed to find love. A love so genuine and kind that it made Nicholas Sparks look like a hopeless fool. Someone who would care for me and protect me more than themselves. A person to love me despite my impatience, despite my selfishness, despite my cruelty, and despite my many mistakes; because we're all like that.