{Ch 03}

"Oh darling, you can't fix yourself by breaking someone else

"Oh darling, you can't fix yourself by breaking someone else."
-Unknown
~~~~~

- Jackson POV -

The roar of the Impala was enough to make the most steamed person content. The old 67' was in beautiful condition, one of my dream cars, and I was beyond ecstatic when I heard the engine start in the parking lot. Dean was in the front seat, smirking in his charming way, and waved Sam and I over. We exchanged humored glances and jogged to the childish man, hopping into the car.

"Hey, Red." Dean spoke, suddenly serious. "If you touch or hurt Baby in any way, you can consider yourself kicked off of the case."

My eyes widened, "Uh, yeah, alright."

I just assumed by the way he rubbed the wheel that Baby was the Chevy Impala I was currently sitting in. To be fair, I would be about as protective as Dean if I owned this car. The interior was a beautiful light beige and through the side mirror next to Sam, I could see the sparkle of the polished, exterior black paint.

We pulled away from the library and I stared out the window, taking in the sights of the rolling fields and lush forests that we passed along the way. My mother would've loved the little white daises growing in bunches by the street edge, or the corn placed almost perfectly in symmetrical rows. Maybe, she'd even smile at my reaction to the natural beauty of the world. If it wasn't for that fiend of a vampire, I wouldn't have to wonder what mother missed out on; we'd be doing it together. These two hunters, who I quickly figured out were the famous Winchesters, were going to be helpful in my quest for blood. The night I spent sleeping away at the motel was when the boys already figured out where the Vamp nest was.

Suddenly, a scratchy voice called out a name beside me.

"Hello, Dean."

"Cas?" He asked, after him, Sam, I jumped about 10ft into the air. "You gotta stop doing that."

"My apologies."

I closed my eyes, taking in the feeling of comfort and safety. This feeling was the one I had felt before; the one I felt right when that man appeared and before my mother passed. Could it be....? I finally turned to look at him.

The man beside me was around our age, with a bit of scruff on his chin and raven hair tousled upon his head. A beige trench coat was draped over what seemed to be a suit, adorned with a greatly off-centered tie. He seemed clueless, yet completely content.

When I met his eyes, my heart stopped beating. They were so familiar. The diamond blue color filled my mind and twinkled with curiosity as Dean explained the premise of this case. I couldn't help but notice how focused he was on listening to them, like it was his job to protect and serve these two boys.