Part Fifteen: Le Pont des Arts

Start from the beginning

Camila scoffed. "Dinah, behave before I have to kick your ass out." Her friend laughed.

Over the past few days...weeks even, Camila and Lauren's relationship had taken a turn for the better. They were talking a lot more, there were still the minor arguments but not as much. Camila never really brought up the topic of her career, but both of them knew that she still had to leave. She always had to leave. They had spoken to Izzy about Lauren's trip to Italy and the child seemed to have understood. She was obviously a bit sad, but Lauren assured her continuously that she was going to come back to her.

"Why don't you go get ready? We have a long day of best friend bonding ahead of us," Ariana headed upstairs with her friend, to help her choose an outfit. They had a black theme going on and she was not going to allow Camila to ruin it.

Shawn popped back into the kitchen after a few minutes. "Where's baby Camren?"

"Camila claims she's upstairs sleeping," Lauren tossed the dish rag aside and turned to face Shawn. "Where are you guys heading?"

Camila's birthday was on Saturday, so everyone in her close circle had a day to treat her. She didn't want to do anything because who really wants to celebrate another year of life when life is trash to begin with?

On Sunday; she was going to hang out with her best friends doing whatever they saw to be fit. They were going to grab lunch as well and catch up because it had been some time since they've last seen each other. Lauren was invited as well, but obviously she couldn't go because someone had to watch Izzy. Bringing the child along was no option especially when Dinah Jane was there.

Monday; she was going to spend the day with her mother; Sinu. Again, she hadn't seen the woman in a few weeks. They kept in contact everyday but phone calls weren't exactly the same as seeing her. Izzy was definitely going to tag along with this one because how can she visit the child's grandmother and not bring her? Sinu would've been upset.

Tuesday; it was a day spent with her in laws. Possibly just Maggie annoying the shit out of her. But who could really complain when you had a sister in law as fine as Maggie? It wasn't confirmed whether or not Mike; Camila's father in law was going to be there but nonetheless, it was still going to be a good day.

Wednesday; was the last day she'll spend with her friends and family. Everyone was invited to an early birthday party, that was going to be held at a restaurant Maggie owned. After much convincing from her beloved niece, the model allowed them to use the venue.

Thursday to Saturday; those days were going to be possibly the better days. Camila was going to spend that day with her wife and child. Lauren had been planning this for quite some time. She and Camila had always wanted to do this, and even though their marriage wasn't ideal right now, she had hoped it would've reignited the spark they once had. She wasn't expecting them to fall into one another's arms, but she wanted Camila to know that she still loves her.

***

Camila's birthday week had flown by. She received endless love and gifts from her friends. Izzy kept up with her gift a day. Today, she had given her mother a handcrafted bracelet that she had made at school. Izzy's friends also made a bunch of postcards for Camila; and being the amazing person that she is, she popped into Izzy's preschool and met with some of the little demons.

Excited and overjoyed couldn't begin to explain how the kids felt. They performed one of her worse songs; Havana, as their birthday gift to her.

Havana was definitely...overrated. But you're all entitled to your wrong opinions.