:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 32] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

"Oh crap," I started, groaning. "I totally forgot. The house is a mess! I should go."

"Let's go," Damian started, offering out a hand.

As soon as our hands touched, my feet flew out from under me and I fell right on my face. I heard Dustin burst out laughing and I scowled.

"I'm so sorry, Maddy," Damian apologized, helping me back to my feet. "I forgot your not used to running."

"I didn't know we were running," I responded, rolling my eyes when I saw he was trying to hold in laughter. "Never mind though. Let's go."

I took his hand this time and started running. To my surprise I went faster than I could even imagine. The shock of it nearly sent me to the ground again. When we got to the door I stopped and walked down the steps of the porch. Damian chuckled.

"Too afraid to run down them?"

"You know it," I responded, with a wink. "Race you!"

We took off together towards my house and made it in record time. It hadn't even been a thirty seconds since we left the living room. I stealthily went around to the back of the house and with a little help from Damian, got into my room from the window. Just as my feet touched the ground I heard Will call upstairs.

"Maddie?"

"Coming!" I responded, shooing Damian. "See you later."

He nodded and pecked me on the cheek and disappeared from my view. I exited my room and into the hall. My eyes widened at how messy it was. The rug was rolled up at the wall and little objects that decorated the shelves and walls were on the floor. As I went down the hallway I hurriedly cleared the mess as best as I could. This continued all the way into the kitchen, where Will was, putting groceries on the counter.

"Is there any more?" I asked, surveying the kitchen. Everything in here looked normal.

"A few more bags," Will responded, heading back outside.

I followed him back to his temporary car and grabbed a few bags out of the trunk. They felt like nothing in my hand. Will cocked an eyebrow at me but said nothing as he grabbed the rest of the bags. We went back in together and I set my bags on the counter will a loud bang.

I debated whether I wanted to ask him about colleges. It'd be best to apply to them sooner rather than later, but I didn't know how to bring up the question. I gnawed on my bottom lip

"So Maddie, I was wondering... what are your plans for college?" Will started, leaning on the counter towards me.

I blanked for a moment. How perfect was that? It took me a second to gather my thought. "Well I was thinking... would it be alright if I went out of state for college?"

"Like where?"

"I don't know. Washington or something? Maine?"

Will frowned for a second and than a look of realization came on his face and he chuckled. "I don't believe it."

"Why not?" I asked, mystified. "I'm a big girl now, I can go to away colleges."

"That's not what I meant," Will responded, shaking his head.

"Then what?"

"That happened, didn't it?"

"That?" I repeated, a feeling of anxiousness arising in me. If I had a pulse, I'm sure it would be steadily growing.

"You're a vampire now, huh."

Shock ran through me, my eyes widening. How did he come to that conclusion? Did Will even believe in such things? I should probably rephrase that. Did Will even believe in me? If this had been another moment in my life, I probably would have chuckled at that. But it wasn't.