Chapter 32

~Hazel Lynn~

A little girl with light brown eyes and hazel colored hair, runs toward me screaming in delight. Looking behind her, a man is crashing after her with a smile on his face. He also has light brown eyes and the alpha presence.

The little girl runs behind me and squeals as the man comes closer.

"Hide me momma!" She squeals again.

With a loud booming laugh, the man picks her up and twirls her around.

"Daddy!" She giggles uncontrollably.  She glances my way and waves happily.

Once she was set down, she topples over and giggles some more. "Momma! I'm dizzy!"

I dont know why, but I feel myself laughing and smiling. The man looks at me and smiles as well. He walks over to me and pulls me into his arms.  Felix. The name runs through my mind. This man's name is Felix.

"Celine!" The little girl runs at us and grips onto our legs laughing.

Suddenly the sky turns dark with angry winds blowing around us. Growls echo through the trees that surround us. I sense Felix panicking and Celine crying.

Felix picks up Celine and shoves her into my arms. "Run!" He tells at me.

Without another word. My feet start running as fast as they could. Slipping in the mud as it starts pouring down rain. My feet slip, causing me to fall with little Celine in my arms. A man pops out of the trees, Dawson, the name echoes through my head. He smears and raises a knife at me.

He brings the knife down and all I hear is Felix screaming at me. Right before the knife touches me, I jolt awake.

A dream? A groan escapes my mouth as I register what I just saw in my head.

I feel rustling beside me, so I turn my head to look and see Felix sitting there.

If I'm to be honest, he looks like shit. His eyes are baggy, puffy, pink. His cheeks has tear stains and he is sniffling. I feel him holding my hand like it's his life line.

"Hazel?" His voice is cracked and husky. I look at him. "Are you okay?"

I slowly nod my head and gently place my hand over my swollen tummy. Only to find it not so swollen.  I yank my other hand away and gasp as I feel for my baby. My breaths are quick and short as I realize that I am no longer pregnant. 

"Where..." my voice shakes. "Where is she?" Glancing up at Felix, I see his shoulders shake as sobs escape his chest.

Fear clouds over everything in my mind. "Felix...please." I feel my chest tighten up. "Where is she?"

He climbs into bed with me and pulls me into his arms as I put it all together. Tears stream down my face and Felix holds me tighter.

"Shes...shed alright, right?" My voice is so small and shakey. 

Another sob comes out of Felix, "T-the doctor....couldn't save her..." I feel him run his fi gets through my hair. "Hazel...our baby is gone."

Gone? Celine is gone? A heartwrenching sob comes out of me as my first begin to pound into Felix's chest.  My body shuddering from the lack of air, small cracked screams fill the air. Felix just holds onto me as I let myself go.

~Two Days Later~

Somehow I managed to sit up in bed today. The pain is still so strong in my heart. Today is the day, I get to say a final goodbye.

"Hazel?" Felix walks into the room with fresh clothes and a towel. I glance in his direction, not really seeing him or anything. My thoughts still clouded over in grief.

He walks over to me and puts the clothes down. With little to no strength, he picks me up and Carrie's me to the bathroom. Probably to wash up and look clean.

I feel Felix raise my arms above my head as he pulls my shirt off. His eyes slightly darkens when he sees my breasts bounce free. He calms down and slides my pants down to my ankles with my panties following shortly after. I see his nostrils flair and his breathing quicken.

He bends over the tub and turns the water on, checking and adjusting the tempurature. When he is satisfied, I feel him lift me up off the ground and lowers me into the tub. The water rushing around me is more refreshing than I thought it would be. My muscles relax with the hot water. Soon after closing my eyes, I feel Felix brushing the knots out of my hair.

He is gentle and smooth with every move he does. Before long my thick disgusting matted hair is loose and ready to be washed. After detaching the shower head and rinsing my hair. He continues with his routine. 

Before I know it, he is helping me stand up to get out. He throws the towel on my head and starts drying my body.

How is Felix feeling? I realise i never asked him. I was stuck inside my own grief i forgot about my mate. I hear my wolf whine slightly at the thought.

Looking up at my love, I can still see the raw pain in his eyes. "F-Felix?" My voice is rough and scratchy, like I've been chain smoking five packs a day.

He looks at me, a little taken A back. "Yes?"

"Are you okay?" I place my hand on his cheek. "Will you be okay?"

He smiles slightly. "Yes, my love." He turns his face in and kisses my palm. "We will be okay."

He goes to dress me, but I stop him. "I think I'm good enough now to take care of myself again." He smiles lovingly at me and hands me my clothes.

He walks out of the bathroom with a kiss on my forehead.

~Felix Ray Sanders~

Hearing Hazel tell me that shes ready to care for herself made me feel warm inside. I know she took loosing our daughter hard. She feel into a deeper depression when the doc told us that we may never be able to conceive again due to the damage of her uterus.

Today, I decided that Hazel and I could have our own moment with our daughter. Even though she was buried the day before. Hazel was to sick to go. So today we are going to her little cross to say our final goodbyes.

Hazel walks out of the bathroom looking like herself again. Happiness soars through me as she gives me a small smile. I take her hand and lead her out of the bedroom. For the first time in Two days.

Two days may not sound like a lot but it truly is for the Luna of the pack. As we walk through the hall, I feel our pack members moods begin to brighten at seeing their Luna alive and well.

I see their smiles and I feel the mood of the pack begin to shift. I lead Hazel outside and to the edge of the forest. On our way there, members begin to whisper their condolences and gently touch our shoulders. Hazel seems sad but feels the shift as well for her poster begins to straighten back out.

Once we make it to the cross, Hazel kneels down and whispers her final goodbye to our daughter.

"Even though we never got to meet you my darling girl. You were still the brightest thing in our lives. Celine, you were our world, our angel and that will never change." She takes a deep breath. "You will...forever be in our hearts where ever we go." Her voice cracks a little but she recovers. "I love you my darling. I love you so very much. "

With that she stands and hugs me tightly. "I love you, Felix." She looks up at me.

"I love you." I whisper and gently press my lips against hers.

She smiles softly and rests her head on my should as we stand there with the sun fading into the night.

She looks up at the fading sky and says, "We will be okay."