Chapter 30

I plan on leaving the last several chapters up for a couple more weeks. Incase there are some readers who would like to catch up. I will leave them up until 07/14/2018. Thank you for reading. 

~Hazel~

"Where is Archer? Or Ryker? They haven't been back in a day!" Maybe panicking isn't good for me and my baby girl but I'm a Luna, it's what I do.

"Haz, I'm sure they are fine. you know that they are both strong." Alyssa tries to reassure me.

Someone decides to bursts through the door at that minute. "Luna! Where's Alpha Felix?!" I stare at the pack member in confusion.

"Uh...out? Whatever you need, you can take it up with me. I'm just as good, you know?" Okay, being with a child makes me really moody. it's not like I can help it.

He nods unsurely. "There's a man that's been found out in the woods. He's been badly beaten, we are afraid of moving him, in case something could go wrong, We wanted to get Alpha Felix and see what he wanted to do about the man. Since he's not here it's up to you."

I glance at Alyssa and think for a minute. "Alyssa? Could you get the Pack Doctor?" She nods and runs off. "I'll come with you and see this mystery man."

He looks really uncomfortable. "Luna, you are with a child..."

"I'll be fine. Let's go."

He doesn't try to argue with me again and leads the way out of the house. I follow closely behind. Treading in the woods isn't as easy as I thought it would be with my baby bump growing bigger. The guy helps me when needed and when we come close to a clearing, I see a body laying out in the middle of it and it looks strangely familiar.

"Ryker!" I scream and run towards him or more like fast wobble. Dang it's getting harder to move. I kneel down next to him and rest his head in my lap. "Oh Ryker."

He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. "Go. Get out of here."

"What? No. I'm not leaving you."

Ryker takes a deep breath. "it's a trap. Hazel, Dawson wants you back. Go home."

A trap, I look around and already see us surrounded by Dawson's men. "Run!" Ryker's voice echo through my head. Run? I struggle to stand with my growing belly. I know it would be quite impossible for me to run. In fact I know I can't run.

The only thing I can do is fight and I will try to fight the best to my abilities to make sure that everyone gets out of this situation alive.

Before Ryker or myself could say anything more, we both hear footsteps approach the circle from behind. "It's so lovely to see my beautiful mate again." Dawson's voice sends the bad kind of shivers down my spine as he steps through the circle. "Now, what am I to do about that parasite infecting you?" He knows. Everything.

"Parasite?" I gasp. How dare he say that to me! "This 'parasite' was made out of an act of love!" Dawson's eyes narrow down to little slits. "That is something that you will never be able to do or have or experience because you're nothing but a coward!"

Dawson closes his eyes for a moment before opening them again. "Someone grab her." Two people step out of the circle they had formed and march up to me with sneers on their faces. Panic starts to spread through my body as the realization hits me. I am fighting alone. Ryker is in no condition to help. He might puncture his lung and die before he could get help.

As the guys approach me, one from the front and on at my back; my stance is staggered to give myself more balance. The guy at my front reaches out to grab me as I duck out of his grasp. The guy at my back gets ahold of my hair as a small scream escapes my lips as the pain seeps into my scalp. Twisting my body, the best I can with my bump, I jam my elbow into his jaw and stomp on his foot with my heel. He grunts but just as I am to land another on the guy; the first grabs me from behind and pins my arms down. I am unable to move anymore.