Chapter 3

~Felix Ray~

There, the words are out and it's not like I will be able to take them back. No matter how angry my father becomes, which I know he is due to his eyes going black. No matter, Hazel comes first before he does. 

"You there!" I point to some random member watching. "Get her to the pack doctor now!" 

"She is not your mate." My father growls lowly, a warning. 

"Well, I guess somethings are even out of your control. Because she is my mate, weather you want her to be or not." I turn my back to him to follow after Hazel. "Just because you lost mom, does not mean that I must also be unhappy." 

The crowd gasp in shock at my words. No one has ever dared to challenge my father that way. Not that I even care at the moment. Hazel is my priority. 

"She is not a part of this pack, Felix!" He throws the whip off to the side, Hazel's blood splatters on to the ground. "I will not allow you to be with someone of her standing." 

I turn away from him, "I don't care if she belongs to another pack or not. She is my mate and future Luna." I throw a deadly look at him. "I don't care what you say. Nothing you say will stop me or change my mind."

With that, I walk off, leaving him there in the crowd of whispering wolves. Let them spread the word that my father is a grade a asshole. Let them talk about what transpired here today. It's not like I have anything to hide. Hazel is my mate. I am proud to admit it. 

"Felix?" Zane catches up to me. "Care to tell me what in the world just happened?" 

"He was going to kill her." 

Zane shrugs. "He is the alpha. It's not like either one of us could have done anything about it."

"Zane, no matter what you think of her, I will not let my father harm her anymore." My hands grip his shoulders, forcing him to look at me. My eyes are begging for him to understand. 

Of course, Zane is confused. He looks off into the distance unsure of what to make with the conversation. 

"Oh! Shit!" It finally dawns on him. "Congratulations man!" 

"Now you see why. Hazel is my mate and the future Luna of the pack." 

"Well, let us be on our way then." Zane drags me toward the doctors office. 

Zane leads the rest of the way to the building where the pack doctor resides. He opens the door for me to enter. My body freezes as my heart aches to see Hazel laying face down on the table. Blood pools on the ground as it drips off her fingers. The doctor is mumbling to herself and running around the room, franticly. 

"That damned man." Doctor Lynn mumbles to herself. "So ruthless towards the poor girl." Doctor Lynn pours alcohol on the wounds making Hazel gasp out in pain. "He is trying to kill her."

I step further into the room, "Will she be alright, doctor?"

She looks up at me and waves me over. She puts some dressing in my hands. "Put this here and here. Be careful." She continues cleaning the wounds. "The alpha did worse on her this time around, even though she got the same amount last time."

My mood sours even more at the thought of my father whipping Hazel before. I knew he had done it, but I did not know what I know now. He has been punishing her ever since we were little. Doctor Lynn taps my hand, bringing my attention back. Without another word, I place the dressing in the areas I was directed to. 

"Sit down and hold her hand or something. Keep her calm." She pulls out a hooked needle and some thread. "I need to sew up her lesions. You seem to be able to help keep her calm."