Chapter 4

~Hazel Lynn Maddax~

"Let's get this straight." Aloha Adah speaks before the door even shuts behind me. "I do not want you near my son."

"I figured as much." 

His glare shoots daggers in my direction. "I want you gone. I want you to leave this pack and go back to where you belong."

Eyebrows raised, I shoot the Alpha a look. "It's not like I exactly know where I am going." Arms crossed over my chest, "Besides, it's not like I went up to Felix and begged him to be my friend or rescue me from the whipping you gave me. I was just as angry."

Alpha Adah sits at his desk without another word. He leans forward onto his elbows and rests his face into his hands. A deep sigh escapes him, almost sounding like defeat. I proceed to stand by the door incase I need to flee for my life. After all, this man has punished me on multiple occasions. It is not something that I would like to experience two days in a row. 

"Look, I will not talk, touch, harm you in anyway again if you will just leave the pack." He slides a envelope forward. "Take this and never come back here."

My eyes follow his movement, while my mind processes his words. "I am not even eighteen." 

He shrugs. "No one will come after you and I will not have you branded as a rouge if you leave willingly." 

Willingly? Does that mean that he is willing to take it a step farther to force me to leave the pack?

"Look," He stands up from his spot. "Both of us know that you are not under control of the Alpha Command. We both know that you are not from this pack. So go back to Midnight Pack and just leave here." He holds out the envelope for me to take. "Leave my son alone that is all I am asking." 

I glance up at him once more before taking the envelope. Without another word spoken between us, I walk out of the office and head back towards my room. I need time to process everything that is happening. 

Of course, he wouldn't want his only son to be around a Omega. Omega's are at the bottom of the totem pole, weakest of the entire bunch. I am not suitable to be the Luna of this pack. Felix needs someone more strong; someone of higher status. Someone that is not me. 

"Lets get packed then." I push open the door to my bedroom only to see Felix standing there. 

"Packed?" He steps toward me as I take a step back. "Where are you going?" 

"Away." I step around him and grab a scraggy backpack out of the closet. Stepping around him again, I start shoving whatever clothes I have into the rugged thing. "Please leave me alone." 

"What do you mean away?" His voice sounds like he is about to panic. "You can't leave. You can't leave me." 

Whipping around, "Let me tell you something, Felix. I am not a toy for possession. I am a person of my own will. I can leave if I want to leave. Now, if you will, please leave my room." 

Felix wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me tightly against his body. "I am sorry if I came out that way, Hazel." A pause. "I know you are not eighteen yet but I know that you are my mate. You are the one meant for me. You are meant to lead this pack." 

"I am not meant to do anything." 

"No," He turns me to face him. "You are meant to accomplish amazing things." He lets me go and steps back. "Look, I won't touch you. At least let me go with you."

I shake my head. "No, your father won't approve of-

"My father has nothing to do with my decisions and the choices I make in life."