Men and Angels Part 01 | Season 1 Episode 6

Corey felt his body shrinking beneath the man's strength, but it only encouraged him to cling to Luke tighter as he staggered into the Warlocks home.

"What happened?" asked Warlock, his fingers drawn together.

"He was attacked!" Simon explained, his voice shrill, as both he and Clary followed in after the former.  Alec and Corey allowed Luke's body to fall onto the couch—Corey, falling onto his knees beside Luke, clinging to his hand.  "Please, help him," Corey could only whisper, his eyes never faltering from the downworlder whom barely held a remaining breathe.

"He was bitten by an Alpha." Alec explained, his hand rested on Corey's shoulder as he remained standing. 

"Where— Where are you?," Luke whimpered.  "I— I can't find you... Jocelyn—"

"No, no." Corey eased, gripping Luke's hand tightly.  "It's Corey, and Clary," Clarissa spoke, leaning forward.  "Luke, can you hear us?"

"Corey, you have to listen to me."  Corey shook his head, leaning away.  "You gave to listen to me," Luke begged, pulling Corey closer.  "In case—"

"No, don't.  You don't get to do this, you don't—"

"Corey, please—"

Without warning, Luke's body thrashed forward—nearly knocking his own head into Corey's if Alec hadn't pulled the former back.  "I need to make the antidote," Magnus informs them as he enters and renters the room.  "But I don't have all the ingredients here and there isn't much time."

"I'll go," Corey tributes. 

"We'll both go." the Lightwood son offers, stepping forward.  "What do you need?"

"No.  I need Corey here with Luke," he explained.  "Simon will go with you."

"What?" the former gaped, stepping forward.  "I need to stare here with Corey and Clary!"

"You will only be in my way." the Warlock answers sharply.  "Besides, from my understanding, shadowhunters don't drive."

Magnus waited for the Mundane to argue further, but he was silent—his only answer, was the sound of a door, slamming from behind.

.         .         .

"Tell Corey what?" Clarissa turned to the warlock, her eyes briefly drawn to her brother who remained unmoving, his eyes never straying from Luke.  "What is worth risking his life?"

"Everything Jocelyn hoped to hide from you two," Magnus answered nonchalantly, pacing the loft with a drink in hand.

"Why?" Clary asked, her eyes strained to the paper and charcoal placed before her.

"When you were younger, I'd watch you sketching the characters in Corey's stories—how you imagined them.  It was your bliss."

"Back then, there wasn't a day I didn't draw.  A day Corey didn't write." Clary recalled fondly.  "It was like our oxygen... Now, I have this blank page, and I barely know what to do with it." she looked despondent at the untouched page.  "Some days, it feels like my art, my memories, my life, it... all vanished with that Memory Demon."