Bad Blood Part 03 | Season 1 Episode 8

B A D  B L O O DECLIPSE❝There's beggary in love that can be reckoned

B A D B L O O D
ECLIPSE
❝There's beggary in love that can be reckoned.❞

☺ ☹ ☺

ALEC COULD ONLY hold Corey and pray, to every and any angel, that simply holding Corey would be enough to keep the once mundane from completely falling apart. But, it felt as if Alec wasn't even there— no, no that wasn't it because, yes, Alec was there. He was there—desperately fisting the fabric of Corey's clothing in his hand to keep the ladder from falling, he was there whispering sweet, meaningless, empty promises in his ear, he was there pressing chaste kisses to banish any and every tear that stained Corey's cheek—Alec was there holding the frail boy tighter and tighter to remind himself that Corey was there. Corey was here, in his embrace, crying... screaming.

He fought in Alec's arms—he squirmed, kicked, clawedall in a desperate attempt to reach him.

To reach Simon.

"He needs me," Corey said in a tongue twisted with too many emotions to control his tone. "He— He needs me, Alec... Please." Alec could only hold Corey tighter because, no, Simon didn't need Corey.

He needed Raphael.

He needed blood.

"Corey, I"—Clary began, attempting to find some sort of mustered strength in her voice—"I had to do it. I couldn't loose Simon. I wouldn't."

Selfish. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

Alec could practically hear the word when Corey took in a short, sharp breath. Alec could practically feel the word spelled out to him as the ladders muscles tensed, but, Corey never spoke the word aloud.

Instead, he said, "You lost me."

And walked away.

. . .

Alec repeatedly called out Corey's name, but Corey said nothing. He continued to walk through the nothingness of dirt, dead leaves, and the trees that hid a night of a thousand stars. "Corey, please, stop." Alec pleaded as he strode forward, both hands stretching outward to catch the onmoving sihlouette.

Corey stopped his movements in a sudden, unexpected moment and twisted to face Alec.

"Core," Alec had begun to speak as their eyes met. "Please, talk to me."

There's nothing to say.

"Please," said Alec, as if he'd heard the thought. And, suddenly, Corey was drawn to their first meet—their first meet where Alec would consistantly speak as if Corey, himself, had spoken. He spoke as if he understood Corey, as if he heard Corey, with just the beating of his heart.

"Will you stay here?"

Alecwas silent a moment, digesting Corey's words. "What... What do you mean?" the shadowhunter asked, fearful he would say something wrong.

"Luke... he wasn't here, when this all started. When I needed him." Corey had begun to explain, his voice trembling. "And Clary, my sister, she wasn't here when I needed her. Simon, he... he was here, but even he left. Eventually, he came back. But he still left. So, will you be here?" said Corey. "Will you be here by my side?"

Will you stay with me, or will you leave me, too?

The nervous stuttering, the rambling, the hesitation, the vagueness it was all to ask this single question. And Alec understood it. He understood what Corey asked of him, what Corey needed of him.

Alec dared a step forward. And then he dared another step forward, until they were chest to chest, until they were close enoguh to hear one anothers racing heart and, even qwhen they were that close to one another, he dared to continue moving until they weren't chest to chest, but until they were lip to lip.

Until they kissed.

And his lips spoke a single word in their kiss.

"Always."