chapter 10

(omg you guys voted quick!! it means so much though!!! thank you <3)

Chapter 10

Since there was no way I could go back to sleep I decided to get up. I rolled off the loveseat hitting the floor with a thump. God what time is it? I looked over to the clock to see that it was 9:00 am. Ugh, god I am so tired! What time did I fall asleep last night? 

I walked downstairs and opened up Lisa’s fridge and got out some water. I wasn’t much of a coffee person. I walked back upstairs and saw my phone sitting on the floor. I picked it up, I had 8 new messages. Weird.

Michael: hey

Jason: missed call

Jason: missed call

Michael: Hello?

Jason: are you mad?

Derek: When will you be home?

MIchael: we need to talk

Jason: Can we meet sometime?

I sighed and flopped back down on the couch. Who to contact first? 

Me: Hey Derekill be back sometime today I’ll probably hang out with Lisa for a little bit.

Derek: alright try to be home soon we are going to have a cookout/hang out tonight.

Alright one down 2 to go. I actually don’t have to reply but for some reason I feel bad if I don’t. pathetic, I know.

Me: I don’t know where did you have in mind?

Jason: My house at 6

Me: my family is having a cookout at my house I don’t know if I’ll be able to come over then.

He didn’t respond for about 5 minutes. What if I just invited him?

Oh god, what would my brother think? What about my dad? They’d probably kill him for being in 5 foot radius of me. I’m surprised I even got out of my brothers sight last night.

“What’s bothering you chicky?” Lisa asked groaning sitting up.

"Nothings wrong what are you talking about?” I said trying to make it convincing.

“Nu uh. Come on, what’s going on in that pretty little head of yours.” she asked. 

“Jason wants to meet me today so does Kyle but were having a cookout tonight.” I said.

“Why don’t you just invite both of them to the cookout.” she said. I looked at her like she was crazy for a moment then I burst out laughing. 

“Are you crazy? Everyone will kill each other!” I exclaimed.

She shrugged. Not unless you keep them separated at this party. Make sure there’s a lot of people there and just make sure no one gets in anyone else’s way” she said

I thought about it for a minute. That could work I guess.

“that idea isn’t that bad” I said.

Me: hey Derek is it ok if I invite some people?

Derek: sure I’m inviting my friends and dads inviting a lot of people and after wards we will have a bonfire.

Alright, so far so good.

Me: would you like to come over to a cook out at my house later? 

Michael: what time?

Me: around 6 or 7

Michael: crap I’m busy later I’m not busy this afternoon though.

Well that went over well. Guess I wont be seeing him today. Unless I made lunch plans with him

Me: alright how about lunch?

Michael sounds good meet me at the matt at 12:00 

“alright so far Kyle cant go but I have to meet him for lunch.” I told Lisa

Me: would you want to come?

Jason: I can’t my parents have plans with me tonight evidently what about lunch?

Me: crap can’t do lunch I already have plans with a friend.

“woops” I said

“what?” Lisa asked

“I guess I don’t get to see Jason today” I said 

“Oh well that’s ok you guys hung out last night right?” she asked winking and I chuckled.

“Oh yeah what happened last night?’ I asked and she suddenly frowned.

“Nothing happened.” she said

“oh really?” I asked eyeing her suspiciously. “you know you can tell me” I said looking at her in the eyes.

“I think I like your brother” she said mumbling looking down.

I took a minute to let it set in before squealing “Oh my gosh! that’s so exciting! Wait, why is that a bad thing?” I asked

“I don’t think he likes me back he practically ran away from me.” she said looking down.

“Oh well he’s intimidated by you” I said obviously “he’s like scared of pretty girls” I laughed and Lisa smiled.

“really so he doesn’t hate me?”

“Of course not! Come to the cook out tonight” I said

“alright” she said smiling and I pat her on the back “that’s my girl!” I looked at the time,10:30.

“I’m going to eat and take a shower then I’m going to head out for lunch and ill come back pick you up and we’ll go to my house. Sound good?” I asked

She smiled. “sounds good”