One

The ringing of my cellphone interrupts my stretching routine. I quickly pick it up after reading the caller ID, it being nobody else but my best friend Madeline.

It's always been us two. Madeline and Selena. The unbreakable duo. We've been best friends since my first ballet class when I was four. Well it's been us and our other friend Christian.

I pick it up already hearing her excitedness through her breathing.

"Bitch guess what dance gig we scored!"

"Beyonce?" I ask hopeful. God did I love Beyoncé.

"What? No, think bands."

Dammit

"I dunno, we've been auditioning for everything we could get our hands in."

"5 SECONDS OF FUCKING SUMMER!" she squeals into the phone.

I feel my hand slap over my mouth rather harshly and the phone slip from my fingertips. I loved that band more than I loved anything. I've been listening to them since 2014 and here we are four glorious years later.

"Shut up!" I squeal scrambling to grab the phone from off the wooden floors.

"I'm not kidding! They called Luna and she called me so I called you!"

All my life all I ever wanted to do was dance. Now I can dance with four ridiculously handsome boys for millions of people.

"We are so going out to celebrate!" I squeal back into the phone. Lots of squealing going on, the usual for us.

"No kidding, I've already made reservations to Lonnie's."

Lonnie's was a club that we went to every time we got jobs, got raises, or got heartbroken. It was our safe place. It was always swarming with people so you had to make reservations.

"Be ready in an hour," she says excitedly before hanging up.

I actually couldn't believe we were going to tour with the 5 Seconds of summer. I didn't know what to say or do in that moment. I quickly stood up jumping and screaming around like a crazy person. The anxiety I had during the audition for the "private" artist turned out to be the best thing I could ever do.

My feet moving ahead of my brain makes me run down my hallway into my bathroom turning on my shower.

I strip out of my crop top and booty shorts, taking my hair down from its bun. I step into my shower letting it burn down my back.

After washing my body and my hair I wrap my navy blue towel around my hair and my neon green towel around my body.

I go across the way into my room going into my closet to pick out an outfit. It was currently 7:38 so I didn't have much time. I decide on a short charcoal silk dress. It had two slits going up the thighs and was baggy near the chest area. It stopped mid thigh making my toned ballet legs look amazing.