𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. RAIN

Scarlett felt empty for some reason

    Scarlett felt empty for some reason. It was raining, not quite a downpour but enough to keep the residents of the Isle within their own homes to avoid getting soaked by the rain. The wet drops rolled down the windows and noisily made sounds on the roof as they hit randomly at each dry spot, completely covering the what used to be dry surface.

The black haired female looked out the window from her seated position on the worn out bay window, her view consisting of the docks as some portions of the glass were misted over by the air from the outside.

She wore a sweater that was way too big for her and shorts underneath, her leather boots covering her legs to her knees. The burgundy material wasn't exactly her colour, but then again, she wasn't really herself at the moment either. Her hair in a bun and the few loose hairs complimented her mood as she remained silent on her spot, eyes blank and mind elsewhere.

Uma and Harry stood side by side at the other side of the room, seated and eyes trained on the quiet leader who hasn't spoken a word at all since she woke up from her nap two hours ago. The pair sense a feeling of chaos inside her pretty mind, but kept it on the down low as she kept it to herself.

"You know, I have the strangest feeling that something is muddling up our new leader's goal. Do you think you have an idea on what it is?" Harry voiced out as he continued to stare at his... whatever you could call their relationship.

"Really harry? You, who has been her boy toy for eternity, doesn't know what's swimming inside her head? That's a surprise."

The pirate rolled his eyes at the sarcastic comment he was replied with, but he couldn't help but feel insecure for he knew that what Uma said was undeniably true. He didn't know everything about Scarlett, he only knew the map that is her body from their countless nights of rough activities.

He never knew what made her laugh, cry, smile or angry. What she liked to eat, drink, do to have fun, and her quirks. Oblivious is what he was to who the girl was behind the mask which she wore to mask the real her. It made him frustrated that despite how long he was with her long before the young king came into the picture, he didn't know everything he should have known long ago.

The young queen wasn't aware that she has been the subject of the two, and continued to stare out the window, eyes trained on the two figures out in the rain, clothes soaking up the liquid substance that persisted to break through the dark billows of the clouds.

Hazel eyes stared at the open window from the view he was given through the pouring rain, meeting with dark familiar ones until they turned away.

Because deep down, the stoic queen's heart couldn't stand her love standing sad under the rain, like the tear that unconsciously rolled down each other's cheek as the their places in the world placed a gap between them that grew larger with each passing second.