𝐯. RETURN

As ties between Ben and Carly loosen and crack, at the same time, in another part of the school, underneath the gazebo, was Parker and Mal, lying down on a quilt laid on the floor as he sang whilst playing his guitar and she drew the image of her ...

As ties between Ben and Carly loosen and crack, at the same time, in another part of the school, underneath the gazebo, was Parker and Mal, lying down on a quilt laid on the floor as he sang whilst playing his guitar and she drew the image of her peaceful lost boy.

    A picnic basket was near them as the winds rustling were the only things heard other than the melody of Parker's song harmonising with his voice perfectly.

Mal smiled to herself as she captured every single detail, down to his imperfections, which added more to his attractiveness. Parker would occasionally peek at his girlfriend and feel his heart swell with love as he thought of how lucky he was.

    Mal noticed that the singing stopped, so she looked up and saw that he was staring at her with a smile on his face, making one grow on her lips as well.

    "What're you looking at me for?"

    "Nothing... Just... I can't believe how lucky I am... And that despite all the hardships of being in a relationship with a royal advisor, you still stuck with me. I'm just... I'm glad that we're in this together, you know."

    Mal felt shitty as her smile faltered, her eyes looking down to her hands as she continued to sketch, not knowing what to say after that.

    "You want some more strawberries?" Parker asked as he reached for the basket full of food. Mal's eyes snapped up and her heart dropped to her stomach as Parker reached in and then it happened.

    Parker was surprised when the object he grabbed wasn't cold but instead solid and felt like leather but warm. He pulled it out of the basket and saw the infamous spell book of Maleficent, now in the possession of her daughter, the girl of his dreams.

"Park.. I can explain.."

A sudden rush of betrayal ran over the royal advisor's heart, wide eyes slowly looked up to meet the dark ones of the guilty girl in front of him. Mal had her lips pressed into a thin line, eyes pleading for her boyfriend to at least give her a chance.

"Explain? Fine. Explain this." He calmly said, making the palms of the blonde girl go clammy with anxiety. She set down the sketch pad beside her and licked her lips nervously, before beginning.

"Park, i had to. You know how hard it is for me to adjust here in auradon and i can't do it so simply!"

"And you think i've been having it easy? You think that i'm not working as hard as ben? Working as hard as you?" He was standing now, frustration clear in his eyes as he stared down at her.