𝐢𝐢. GIRLS

Scarlett

Scarlett

    "Okay, what napkin colour should we use? And what about the decorations? Do we use ribbons with the chandelier or we go full on bands and fairy lights?"

    Me hearing Jane list down all the things for the cotillion is already making my head ache, as i just nod to everything with a smile on my face. From where i stood, i saw the four of my friends walking towards me and Jane, Mal staying silent beside Evie while Carlos and Jay, being the flirt, went ahead of them as he smiled at the girls.

    "Okay. Jane, you know what?"

    "Yeah?" She looked at me with her big blue eyes, making it hard for me to say something that could possibly make her cry in front of me. "I trust you completely with all the stuff for the cotillion. From this day forward, i am making you in charge of everything."

Her eyes widened, mouth hung open and hand loose around the tablet she hand in her hands. "E-everything? I'm in charge..?"

"You wield the power." I finalised, and the next thing she did made me both happy and uncomfortable. She hugged the living daylights out of me, arms tight around my torso as she muttered about how thankful she was.

"Okay, okay. I– I can't breath."

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She let me go immediately, making me release a relieved breath as i inhaled air once again. "Don't worry, Carly. I won't disappoint you." I just nodded at what she said as i continued to inhale.

When i raised my head again, I saw Jane's back and when i looked from behind her, i instantly saw the nervous face of Carlos, who was stuttering as he spoke.

"H-Hey, Jane."

"Hey, Carlos."

    I walked to Jay's side as we watched Carlos fail hilariously at what i assume, is his strategy of asking Jane out.

    "I just... I wanted to ask– uh.." I stood there beside Jay with my arms crossed and an amused smile on my face as i feel the nervousness reek off of him.

    "How'd you like the carrot cake last night?"

    I couldn't help face palming myself out of exasperation and secondhand embarrassment for the blonde guy in front of me as Jane let out a small laugh before responding.

"I had the pumpkin pie."

Jay, who i presume has had enough of Carlos' awkwardness, grabbed his shoulders and dragged him away from in front of Jane, who waved at Carlos before coming face to face with Evie and Mal.

    "I have an opening for a fitting at three. Who wants it?" I jumped when my roommate, Lonnie, suddenly came out of nowhere from behind Jane, who looked at her with a pout. "Me. Sorry."