𝐢𝐯. BREAKING

The sight of an unconscious Scarlett lying in a hospital bed made Ben's heart break

The sight of an unconscious Scarlett lying in a hospital bed made Ben's heart break. The moment he heard from his royal advisor, Parker, that she was in the infirmary due to passing out, he immediately left his duties and rushed over to where the love of his life needed him the most.

    Lonnie was beside Carly's bed when he arrived, her hair dishevelled and eyes frantic with worry. When she saw ben standing in the doorway, frozen and eyes wide with disbelief, she couldn't help but look down and grip carly's hand tighter.

    "W-What happened?" He breathed out, slowly walking closer to the white infirmary bed, watching as Scarlett's chest came up and down, which left him momentarily relieved.

"I-I don't know. I just went inside our room and found her seizing in the floor, she was– she was having difficulty to breath and when we rushed her here, Fairy Godmother did something to her." Lonnie explained as much as she could, remembering the scene where the Headmistress brought out her magic wand just to do a spell on the now-peaceful lady of the court.

    At the mention of the legendary woman, she stepped inside the room with a grim expression on her face, making Ben's heart drop. Fairy Godmother took calm steps towards the two royal teenagers, each having an expression of dread and anticipation clear in their eyes.

"Fairy Godmother... What's happened to Scarlett...?"

"My child..." She sighed, gently taking the young man's hand and grasping it within her own, a sympathetic smile on her face. "You might want to sit down for this one."

And he did, but the news he received were far from what he expected. Grief has always been a terrible experience for beasts, but for ben, he felt as though he couldn't be in this kind of life anymore.

Certainly, not without her by his side.

♛♛♛

Scarlett

The sound of a monitor's beeping was what greeted me the first thing i opened my eyes, closing them instantly once the lights hit my pupils, getting a groan from me. Shuffling was coming from somewhere i couldn't pinpoint the sound at as my palms pushed on the mattress, pushing my body into a sitting position.

"Carly.. be careful."

I opened my shut eyelids and my eyes were graced with the sight of ben beside me, eyes looking down as he helped me set my body into a more comfortable position. He held a blank face as he did this, which made me anxious down to the bone.

"Ben, what happened?" I asked dumbly, feeling nervous that he already knew the truth whilst my eyes locked on his face as he sighed and sat down on the stool near him. He ran his thumb over the skin of my palm, staying silent for a couple of seconds before speaking.

"I already know, Carly."

I was already expecting his response, but hearing him say it out loud sent a shockwave all over my body. He lifted his head and looked deep into my eyes, a pained expression on his face.

    "Why– Why didn't you tell me...? I could've helped you." Now it was my turn to look down, eyes glued to the white sheet covering half of my body. His hands were tight on my own, urging me to make my eyes meet with his, but i couldn't.

    "Carly, why?!"

    I jumped as he raised his voice. There, i picked up on frustration... betrayal... and most importantly, sadness. I raised my eyes to meet his and i saw a tear run down his cheekbone, a sting being felt in my chest.

"I couldn't... I just couldn't give that type of responsibility to you. Not with you having an entire kingdom to take care of."

He frustratedly ran his hands in his hair and pulled on it, his voice going an octave higher as he burned off the heat in his chest.

    "You and i both know that that's not the complete reason why you did it. Carly, tell me.. Please."

    He pleaded me with all his heart, and yet i didn't have it in me to answer his question. Because i was a coward. And deep down, i know it.

    My mother was right. Love was a weapon. A weapon that destroys us all. Yet at the same time, it was a cure. A cure to the darkness in anyone's heart.

    And so, ben left me in the infirmary with an unanswered question, that even myself don't have the answer to.

    But i was determined to get answers, as well as something that was rightfully mine.

    And i know exactly where to get them. But if i was going there, i was going to need someone. Someone that could only stand beside me, and make the whole population fall down to their knees.

    For i, Scarlett Queen, was about to return.

    Fearless, malicious, and just as broken as ever.