𝐢𝐱. MEMORANDUM

Evie paced outside Ben's office, her hands shaking as they clutched the two notes in her hand, as well as the ring that came along with them which she found on the table the moment she sat down in front of her designing space

She had already read the two contents of the papers, one was elegantly written whilst the other was rushed. Evie breathed through her nose as her hand grasped the doorknob, the other proceeding to knock on the door.

"Hey, Martha, can you ask Lumiere to come see me concerning cotillion? Thank you." The king spoke to the speaker as it beeped to a close. His thoughts of Scarlett were pushed to the side for how as he remained focus on his duties.

As the door at his right opened, in stepped Parker, who had a few papers in his hands with his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, hair dishevelled as he placed the papers on the table.

    "Here's a few sample invitation letters for those you want to invite to cotillion. Jane couldn't give them because she had something to do so she handed them to me."

"Thanks. You have news from King Eric about using one of his boats for the party?" Ben muttered as he shuffled through the papers scattered on his desk.

"Yes. And he has agreed to let the school borrow it for the dance. He just wants us to return it all clean and in one piece." Ben smiled slightly at that until their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Then, came evie, in all of her blue hair and red jacket glory, she hesitantly closed the door shut behind her as she walked closer to the two men near the desk, smiles on their faces whilst her's was pursed into a thin line.

"Evie, what're you doing here?"

The blue haired designer gulped down the lump that was beginning to form on her throat and decided to just rip it off like a band-aid. A very sticky and painful band-aid.

"Park.. Ben... Mal and Scarlett have gone back to the Isle."

Ben felt his entire world stop at the words that came out of Evie's lips. He just couldn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it. He stood up from his seat as Evie held out the two pieces of paper at them, the two grabbing the ones which were meant for them to read.

The young king shakily opened the paper and saw the familiar script of his girlfriend, knowing her handwriting was something he could never beat, and he loves her for it. Yet this time, the only thing he felt as he looked at it was anger and sadness. Anger at himself, and sadness for letting it go this far.

 Anger at himself, and sadness for letting it go this far

Ben looked up as he finished reading it, eyes threatening to tear up as he clutched it tightly within his hand. He looked at his royal advisor and saw that he was already crying, his back turned towards them as his shoulders shook.

"T-This is all my fault." Ben said as he looked at Evie, who sadly looked down as her thoughts swirled inside her head, her heart feeling abandoned and conflicted as Ben ran his hand through his hair. "She was in pain. And she didn't want to burden me enough but i kept pushing her and look where we are now."

"I have to go there and apologise." He concluded as he turned to face the glass pane behind him which gave him the view of the gardens, where his girlfriend would usually be at this time of day except now...

She wasn't.

"Ben, no! You have to know the Isle. How it works, where to go and not go..." Evie trailed off. As much as she hated it, she knew what she had to do.

"You have to take me with you."

"Yes!... Uh, i mean, if that's okay?" Ben hesitated, because he knows just by the look on evie's face that she doesn't like the whole idea.

"I'll come too." Both looked at Parker who had a determined expression on his face, hands shut tight as the paper crumpled within his grasp.

"Park, no. It's too dangerous. Two of the most important people in Auradon within the Isle. It's risky enough sneaking in the king, but with the royal advisor as well? They'll know that Auradon is vulnerable." Evie reasoned out as Parker kept silent, his gaze directed at Ben as the king sighed.

"Ben—"

"I'm sorry, Park. But it's just too risky for us. For the kingdom."

Parker's fists curled up even more, and he walked towards the door and opened it roughly, slamming it shut behind me on his way out.

The blue haired girl sighed before facing the frowning king once again, bringing his attention to her with a snap of her fingers.

"But you have to promise me one thing.."

"What is it?"

"Promise me that i'll never get stuck there again."

Ben felt sadness at that moment, but hardened his determination and will as he replied.

"I promise."