|Chapter Two|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

Playlist for this chapter:

♩Bebe Rexha - I'm a Mess

♩Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

♩P!nk - So What

It's has been a few days since Louis has been back to Adora. Each day that passes adds to his stress to find a job as soon as possible. His heart aches to help his mother and put his family out of the daily misery of thinking if they're gonna eat or not. His heart broke when he opened the fridge and saw it was basically empty.

Most of his mum's salary is spent on Noe's medicaments. Louis wouldn't mind at all if all her salary went there, seeing as his sister's health was more important than anything else, but the home-made medicine the pack's doctor made wasn't helping at all. His mother had lied to him saying that Noe was better, but it took him one look at his sister to know that his mum's statement wasn't true. His father's death had destroyed Catherine and he knows for sure that if Noe follows their father's steps, it would end the female omega.

Louis needs his family, as it is right now, even if it means that he will have to work sixteen hours a day. He has done that before, working on weekends to cover all his needs since he perfectly knew he couldn't count on anyone but himself. His mum's minimum salary barely covered for two, let alone three people.

He is currently sitting on their kitchen table, skimming every page of the pack's daily newspaper in search of a job, but nothing seems fitting. There are only two job notifications; one as a night guard at one of the city's parlours, and the other is for lifting coal in one of their mines. Both alpha jobs.

He pushes away the newspaper with a huff. It's not that Louis hasn't ever thought of leaving this damned place, wishing he had some sort of magic to evaporate himself and his family from here every single day of his life. The problem is that for leaving one needs the pack's Alpha's permission, along with documents and papers explaining why you need to leave your own pack and live elsewhere. How could Louis explain to them that the pack's doctor was useless, and his medication wasn't doing anything? He knows they would never agree, in fact, they could even imprison him for betrayal in the worst of cases.

He is snapped out of his thoughts when he hears a soft paddling of feet, immediately knowing that it is his little sister. His mum leaves early every day to go to the flower shop she works at. Catherine always said that even though it didn't pay much, she loved it there.

"Morning, Noe," he says after he sips on his mug. His taste buds are used by now at the taste of black coffee; no sugar, no milk. He doesn't even wince anymore.

The chestnut-haired girl comes behind him wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a soft kiss on his cheek. Having presented just a few months ago, her smell is still intense, and he is a bit scared for her safety.

"Morning," she nuzzles in his hair, eyes closed, and voice a bit raspy from the sleep. He always makes fun of her for sleeping with her mouth hanging open.

"Reading the newspaper again?" She adds - eyeing the papers shoved away carelessly - as she takes a seat next to him.

"Yeah," Louis adds with a sigh, "and before you ask, no. There is nothing for me out there yet."

"Just be patient, Lou," Noe places her cold hand on his forearm, "I know you think you're wasting time, but it's not your fault. You will find something. Sooner or later."

Louis gets up, not being able to look at his sister's sad face any longer. The omega empties his mug in the sink, too angry at himself to be able to swallow any sort of edible thing. With shaking hands he washes it quickly and then wipes it dry before placing it in one of the cabinets.