Chapter 1- Eenie, Meenie

Heavy breathing, shuffling feet: The only things you hear around you.

The random moments of silence made you the most uneasy.

Looking around at your group, you have mixed emotions: Rick, the one who tends to be the strongest, looks weak and broken. Maggie is insanely pale and looks defeated.

The only one who gave you a feeling of strength was Abraham. He's always your rock when you need it.

Dropping your face to look into the dirt, you hear a male's voice start talking.

"Now let's meet the man!" he says moments before the RV door opens.

Your head lifts up to look at the man who came out.

He is wearing a leather jacket, a white shirt underneath with black boots. In his right hand, the only one gloved for some reason, he has a bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. He smiles as he looks at the group, and it sends a cold shiver down your spine.

"We pissin' our pants yet?" he grins, walking the line of people.

"Boy, do I have a feeling we are getting close.." he sighs, looking around, "Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

One of the men behind you points to Rick, causing the man in leather to make his way in front of him.

"You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killin' my men. Also, when I sent more of my people to kill your people for killin' my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. You're gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. oh yes, you are, " Negan says to Rick, giving him an evil grin.

You look at the back of Negan's head, a seething anger growing inside.

This asshole thinks his threats are scary? That's funny.

"You don't mess with the new world order, and the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. Ya ready? Here it goes, pay attention."Negan says, placing his bat inches away from Rick's face. Clutching your hands into a fist, you watch.

"Give me your shit, or I will kill you." Negan says, grinning and slowly moving the bat away from Rick's face.

"You work for me now. You have shit, It's mine now. I know that's a mighty big pill to swallow, but swallow you will."Negan says, pacing his way down the line, looking at each and every one of you.

Your eyes drop again, your hands still clenched.

"You didn't think you would walk out of here without being punished for killing my men, did you? How am I gonna do this?" Negan laughs, causing you to slowly look up at him.

"Eeny.."he starts, pointing the front of the bat in front of your face..

Your eyes squint at him as he laughs, continuing the process of eeny-meenie down the line.

This doesn't happen to us. Rick, Daryl, Abraham, me.. we always find a way to get ourselves out of these situations. Always.

You look over at Rick. It's almost like an entirely different man. He's so broken, so weak and hopeless.

You focus back to the moment at hand, just in time to see Negan suddenly finish in front of Abraham.

Abraham sits up straight, looking Negan dead in the eye.

"Abe-" you manage to whisper, a lump forming in your throat.