"can i come over?"

19: can i come over?

I woke up with a cold sweat on the back of my neck and a sore throat, something I usually blamed on my inability to sleep without having my mouth open

I woke up with a cold sweat on the back of my neck and a sore throat, something I usually blamed on my inability to sleep without having my mouth open. I hadn't woken up for any particular reason, and it took a moment for me to become aware of my surroundings.

I was laying down on my couch with a large blanket draped over me. I hadn't remembered falling asleep, but I remembered waiting for Sam to come home. I slowly rubbed the sleep from my eyes and felt around for my phone to figure out the time. After looking for a couple minutes, I noticed it lying on the ground where it must've fallen.

I woke it up to find that it was nearly five in the morning and I groaned at the amount of time I had before school started. Deciding I would sleep better in my own bed, I got up and started to walk that way. However, once I stood up, I noticed a pounding in my head.

It wasn't uncommon for me to have headaches, but I hadn't had one in a couple of days. Instead of dwelling on the fact, I walked into my kitchen and to our pantry to grab the ibuprofen from a basket of medicine. I took a couple pills and took a glass of water with me to my bedroom.

On the way up, I peeked into the guest room to see Sam sleeping. Knowing she had probably been asleep for a short amount of time, I made sure to be quiet as I continued to my room. I climbed into bed after setting the glass on my nightstand and curled up in my blankets as I laid on my side.

Before my eyes could be closed for a full second, they shot open.

I kissed Calum.

My stomach tied itself into a knot and my eyes stayed widened as the scene played in my head. After kissing, we had agreed to keep whatever had happened to ourselves, and that we both needed to think before acting on anything. He drove me home shortly after and I must have fallen asleep waiting for Sam to console me.

My mind continued to play things back in my head until I remembered he had given me a cd. I sighed quietly to myself, but faced the fact that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I pushed myself out of bed and quietly walked back downstairs to retrieve the cd before making my way back upstairs to my room and locking my door behind me.

I flipped the light on and grabbed my laptop on the way to my bed. I inserted the disc after opening the case, and I grabbed my earphones off my nightstand and plugged them into my laptop. I started to play the cd once it loaded and I listened closely.

The first song started with a simple three beat rhythm. A slightly retro, up-beat voice joined in and I smiled at the sound. I found myself moving to the beat and I tried to intently listen to the lyrics. The song was, in the simplest form, an up-beat, elementary love song. With a main idea of starting a relationship on a playground, it told a cute story of a first kiss.

I quickly realized what kind of mix cd this was going to be and my heart began to pound so loudly I could hear it in my ears. It made me a good kind of anxious, causing me to have exciting anticipation for the rest of the songs.