Chapter 3

WOW apologies for such a late chapter! I've been busy with so many things lately! Hopefully this longer chapter makes up for it! Don't expect regular updates, but I will try my best to write more parts!! Thanks for waiting :)!

His heart was pounding, and he just felt... uncomfortable. Why do they keep looking at eachother? Roman should just... focus on his friends... Yeah.
But he cant help but feel some... strange sort of spark whenever his eyes locked with Virgil's. He gulps, looking away quickly, a frustrated look on his face.

The bell rings, and the students stand up, leaving the classroom. The hallways buzzed with noise, causing the two boys to wait at the side. They stood a few feet away from eachother, saying nothing to eachother, simply waiting for the hallways to somewhat empty.

Roman spared a few glances to the anxious student, his eyes scanning him up and down. He cant help but notice how tense the other seems. He raises an eyebrow, somewhat confused. He notices a glance towards him, and he instantly scowls, swinging his head away quickly.
He doesn't get it... Why does this guy make him feel so... so... Gross! A witch. He must be a witch! He closes his eyes, trying not to look at the other.

He felt somewhat childish, doing this. He was gonna stay like this, too- that is until he hears a stern voice.
"My apologies for being late, Virgil. I was needed."
Looking over, he sees Logan. They stare for a few seconds, before he looks back to Virgil.
"Second lunch, hm? Patton also has second lunch. I'm sure you know where the cafeteria is?" He asks, and Virgil shrugs in reply. "Good. I'll be in the library for the time being. Roman, you're friends with him, correct? If he needs help, help him."
He says this, leaving before Roman could respond.

Roman huffs, clenching his fists. They are not friends! How foolish of him to assume such things!
He turns to Virgil to protest, but the other was already walking off. He was about to march after him, before hearing the bell ring. Ah! He's only got 5 minutes to get to class! Curses...
And with that, he rushes off.

Virgil, meanwhile, was on his way to second lunch. It wasn't like he was gonna eat or anything, though. He's not hungry. But, he gets caught off guard when an arm wraps around him.
His fight or flight reflexes kick in and he punches the person in the cheek.
"Ow! Haha... Nice punch, kiddo!" The person laughs. Virgil looks over his shoulder, seeing Patton. "Oh- Patton... fuck, sorry.."
Patton just waves his hand, rubbing his cheek with a smile on his face. He's got no idea how Patton can smile so easily.

"Are you alright?" He asks, feeling some eyes on him. He hated that feeling.
"Hm? Oh, no I'm fine! Where's Lo-Lo?" He hums, a sparkle in his eyes. Virgil can't help but smile a bit at his friend.
"He said he'd... Be in the library. I dunno where that is, though..." He shrugs and Patton suddenly grabs his arm. "Library we go!"
"W-Wait! What about food?? Aren't you hungry?" Patton pauses, putting a finger to his chin. Then he smiles, winking, and continuing on.
Virgil has no idea what that was supposed to mean.

But here they were, in the library. Logan sat near the back, a few books piled up. Patton flaps his hands at his sides. Virgil noted that he does this when he's excited. Patton opens his mouth to speak, but remembers this is a library.
Instead, he walks up to the shorter, Virgil following along.

Logan looks up from his book, sighing at the two. He doesn't know why he thought he'd be left alone today. Oh well, he might as well humor the two.
"What is it?" His voice is quiet, yet stern. It makes Virgil anxious, but Patton simply sits down next to him, a big smile on his face.
"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to see you." He whispers back, and the two go quiet, simply staring at eachother.
Virgil didn't want to ruin this moment, but at the same time he kind of felt like a third wheel.
He stands up slowly, mumbling something about needing to use the bathroom and leaving without waiting for a response.