Chapter 1

The day started as normal. Just another day of school. Wake up, get ready, talk to friends. Find someone you absolutely hate. Yknow, the normal stuff.

Waking up, Roman groans, stretching out. He blinks the tired feeling out of his eyes, letting his brain process what is going on, before standing up from his bed.

Roman's room was... extravagant, to say the least. His family was rich, so they always spoiled the theatre boy with whatever he desired. The world was in the palm of his hands. Or, at least, that's how he felt.

Not only was his family wealthy, but he was considered a star at his school. Handsome, athletic, has a great voice. He was the star of the football team, as well as being the lead of the theatre club, almost always having the lead roles, stealing the spotlight as much as he can.

He snaps out of his thoughts when he gets a notification on his phone. Oh, the time! He might be late. And no prince can be late! It's truely unacceptable. Straightening up his hair, he rushes out of the door.

"Ah, geez!" He huffs, arriving at the bus stop, where he meets up with his taller friend, Patton.
"Hm? What's up, kiddo?" The taller boy puts his hands on his hips. Despite only being a year older than Roman, he had a habit of calling him 'kiddo'. And not just Roman, he'd call everyone that. Well, with the exception of a few people.

Roman blinks, before putting on a charming smile, running a hand through his silky hair.
"Oh, nothing's wrong, my dear friend! I simply thought that I would be late." He laughs, giving a wink. Patton just laughs along.
"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you." Patton starts, a big smile on his face as he speaks. "My friend will be attending school! So, he's gonna be the new kid. It'd mean alot to me if you'd come with me, help make him comfortable."

Roman hums, considering the option. He had heard of this friend before, though he forgot the name, Patton seemed to have a soft spot for the boy. He wonders what he might be like! Perhaps a new friend for the beautiful prince. But, he can't help but wonder why this kid is just now coming to school. Illness, perhaps? He's not quite sure. But, then again, it's not his place to wonder why a kid he doesn't even know doesn't attend school.

"Well of course, Patton! I shall give this fellow the best time of his life! He should feel lucky, as he'll be in the company of me." He puts a hand to his chest, a smug smile on his face. Patton laughs at his little act, shaking his head.
"Thank you, mister prince!" He says jokingly, "I'll be happy to have your company!"

As he says this, the school bus pulls around the corner, slowly coming to a stop, the sounds of the engines wheezing as it does, the controlled doors metallically squeaking open.
The two boys climb into the bus, the feeling of the vibrations shaking them slightly as they make their way to some empty seats, trying to ignore the screaming and laughing teenagers.

The familiar sounds fill Roman's ears, the oily smell in his nose. Ah, joy. School. He wasn't bothered by it, at this point. He had grown used to the overwhelming environment. He stares out of the window, blocking out all of the noise as his mind gives him whimsical and strange ideas for his next act.

The bus soon skids to a stop, Roman blinks, seeming to have lost track of time. He hums, standing up with Patton, who was gathering his bags with his usual smile.
They exit the bus together, and Roman opens his mouth to speak, only to cut himself off as he sees Patton race off to a smaller figure. He raises an eyebrow, following slowly.

"Ah-!" A small voice yelps as Patton tightly hugs the figure.
"Kiddo! I'm so happy to see you!" Patton yells, laughing probably way too much.
The smaller voice just hums in response, Roman can see them nod slightly. He comes up to the scene, his eyes landing on... Purple. Lots of it.