Chapter 2

Night time came rolling in super quick, too quickly for my liking. We all stood next to the cars getting our gear ready for our midnight trip to the mansion that lies within the forest. Grabbing my backpack I place my iPod and my phone in the side pockets, I place a first aid kit in the main bit along with a flashlight and spare batteries. I also add some junk food into it and some cans of monster, cause why not monster is awesome. Looking around I see the guys preparing their own bags with stuff, well at least we are prepared for things. I see Deklin and Billy standing at the entrance of the forest seeming to be having a deep conversation. Walking over to them slowly and standing beside them I look up at the forest.

"We really are going in here then" I say to them.

"Yep" Billy looks towards the rest of them, "I thought at least one would've gave in and left but they seem serious"

"Yeah they do Damien was talking all about it in the car over here"

Sighing, I look deep into the forest. "Do you think the rumours are true about this forest" I ask them. They both look at each other before shrugging their shoulders.
"Rumours are a mixture of the truth and a false story to scare people"

"Wow Deklin this must really scare you huh"

"What you mean Billy this ain't scaring me" he says turning to Billy who lets out a small chuckle.
"You just said something that sounded really wise like old man wise", I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Deklin punches Billy in the shoulder lightly before letting out his own chuckle. Hearing footsteps coming  up to us we all turn to see the rest of the group.
"Everyone ready for this", Damien says to us. We all nod our heads in return, we can feel how nervous each other is. Taking a step forward we slowly enter the forest, taking a look back I close my eyes and take a deep sigh before walking forward with the rest.

Hours that's what it feels like when your walking in a forest that's shrouded by the dark, faint traces of the moon peak out from trees. It's quiet way to quiet, everyone is on edge. Moving my flashlight around me illuminating everything I see.
"Anyone else agree that this is a stupid idea" I ask them, all of them nod their heads. "Who's idea was it anyways"

"Davids idea" Damien says whilst pointing his flashlight over to David.
"Of course it was", Billy mumbles under his breath. David turns around towards Billy and walks right up to him.
"What you say Billy"

"I said of course it was, you always come up with the stupid ideas and we all get dragged along with it"

"What are you Billy a chicken, you jealous that I'm more manly then you for suggesting it"

"That's not what I was saying dip shit", walking between them I put my hands on their chest and push them apart.

"Cool it both of you before I knock both your heads together", they both glare at each other and slowly walk back to where they were both the argument. Rubbing the side of my head trying to fight the headache that's starting to form.
"How long have we been out here for anyway", Robert asks us.

"About 3 hours or so", Damien says checking his phone, "We still got another hour maybe 2 hours to go before getting to were the mansion is supposed to be".

"Can't we take a break for a bit my feet are killing me and I'm starving to death over here" I say holding my stomach.
Damien looks at us all before nodding in agreement.
"We can take a small break here before continuing". Sitting down on the ground I put my flashlight down and pull out some of the food from my bag and a can of monster but not before throwing a can to Deklin who catches it with ease. We all sit in silence resting from the hiking. Feeling a person sit next to me I turn to see John with a small smile on his face.
"How you been Emma" he asks.

"I have been good besides the fact I get dragged into a really creepy forest that's rumoured to have psychopaths in it and dead bodies"

"Yeah I guess that puts a downer on your day but it could be worse"

"Yeah I guess that's true" I say looking towards the middle of the circle that my friends made and in the centre a small fire was made illuminating all of us.
"It feels like we are camping doesn't it"

"Yeah all we are missing is Deklin playing his guitar and singing his stupid songs", I say laughing a little.
"Hey you love my guitar skills and beautiful singing", Deklin jumps into the conversation, "Besides Damien wouldn't allow me to bring it"

"Well yeah cause it's meant to be scary plus your clumsy ass would fall and break the guitar or you would make me carry it", Damien says laughing causing us all to laugh.

"I have you know Damien my good sir I haven't fallen yet and it would be your sorry ass that be falling all over this place"

"Yo it would be Billy tripping and falling", Robert says pointing to Billy.

"I ain't fallen yet either besides Robert you nearly fell back there twice but you tried to play it off with push ups", Billy says back to him.

"Hey I have to get my exercise in"

"Yeah and walking for 3 hours isn't exercise and doing push-up at night in the middle of a dark forest is totally normal" I ask him. We all start laughing completely forgetting that we are in the middle of the forest.
Hearing a noise from behind me quickly pick up my flashlight and turn around shinning it in the direction I think the noise came from. The laughter stops as everyone stands up with flashlights in hand.
"L-let's continue walking" I say nervously. Picking up my back and supplies I sling it onto my back and start walking in the direction of the mansion.
We are all continuing our walk in silence the situation now coming back to us. The noise happens again but this time closer to us causing us all to stop walking and look around.
"It could be an animal", Deklin says looking around. That statement didn't calm our nerves because we all suddenly felt it the feeling if being watched. The silence consumes us again as we all continue walking. Saying that we are on edge is an understatement at any moment we were ready to run at the least little thing we were ready to run.

The feeling of being watched and the noises didn't stop in fact they became more frequent. We all were holding onto each other in fright. I'd laugh at this if I wasn't scared cause my friends are guys and are holding onto each other as if they are on a date to a haunted house and needed comfort from their partners.
Suddenly the trees start to depart from each other and opens up to a opening and there sitting in the centre is what we have been hunting for. The mansion. It's dull grey walls seeming to crumble as it's struggling to support the roof that wasn't really considered a roof since it caved in on its self years ago, the windows were all smashed to bits but gets us is the door. The door looks brand new, it's a black wooden door with a shiny silver handle beckoning people to open it. And open it is what we did.