You're Owl I Need

Bokuto is not human. He never was. Yet he has to live in the human world, has to pretend to be something he isn't. A human. When he reveals himself to a mysterious boy he saved, Bokuto is determined to find him again. When he does he is now is torn between feeling more human with Akashi or accepting what he is. A Nightmare.

Bokuto wandered the streets as quickly as possible with his head down. This might be the only chance he had for months because he can't let his mother's find out what he does. Yes, mothers.

His two mothers are Kiera Harkness who he called Mum and Mor Harkness who he called Morther (it's a pun), they were immortal beings. And so was Bokuto and his sister Karou. Though his sister and he were twins, they didn't even look alike.

Karou had light blue hair that went to the middle of her back. She was tall and slim, with pale skin, pink lips and blue eyes. Bokuto had black and white hair which was usually spiked up, with round yellow eyes and a muscular figure. Yeah, they looked nothing alike.

Even though it was dark he could see perfectly fine, one of the useful things about his powers. When he was out of town, he had started sprinting at full speed. He needed to go now, because it was only a three-hour window, between his mum waking up to her nightmares. She only has 3 hours of sleep on average. When he hit the forest, his feet slapping against the uneven ground, he started changing.

The trees began to thin, and he saw the cliff, coming closer with every second. When he got to the very edge, he leaped off of it, and plunged down below, wind hitting his face.

And just before Bokuto hit the ground, he was lifted upwards by his magnificent wings. With a white canvas, filled with brown and light grey, making beautiful patterns. He flew up to the sky again, feeling free.

Even better is, it was cloudy, so that made it harder for humans to see him. That's why his parents didn't know off this, and that's why he had no plans to tell them. There were great consequences otherwise.

You weren't allowed to use your powers in the human world, only the Nightmare Realm. Though Bokuto has never been there because his mothers want him to live a normal life first. But he just wants to be free and that what he was doing.

His powerful wings flapped behind him, pushing and tearing through the wind. And then he flew above the clouds, looping around, with a smile on his face. But soon enough, he landed on the ground, wings disappearing and head back to home.

The Scarlet Crest book café. He entered it quietly, his eyes yellow eyes processing every object in the café. He went upstairs to the bookstore, weaving throughout the bookshelves and went up to the third floor.

Only to come face to face with Agatha, one of his mum's friends. She smirked at Bokuto and approached him so she stood face to face with him. He was slightly taller than her, but she was scary when she wanted to be.

"Kiera is going to be awake in 10 minutes. Mor had to leave to her world but she will be back in 5 minutes. Go to sleep. I'll tell you next time you can leave."

"You're allowing me to do this?" Bokuto asked, not quite comprehending what Agatha was telling him.

"Yeah, I don't really care, plus I know what'll happen and it'll be good for you," She said, the smirk growing wider.

He nodded and quickly headed to his room. But he couldn't go to sleep, not yet. And then the screaming began. Bokuto jerked out of bed, stumbling through the door, only to see Mum run past me and into the bathroom.

He knew she would be crying, she always does. And he stopped wondering what the nightmares were about, he stopped when he had turned 10. Koutarou saw Karou come out of her room, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

Mor came too us in seconds. "Go back to sleep," she scolded, blonde hair messy and hand on hip. "You both need to get rest. For university."

We both nodded, and Bokuto's feet slapped on the wood towards his room. Later in the morning he would go to university and wait until Agatha sends him the text that he can go out.