Philip x Reader [2]

Start from the beginning

Before the young girl was allowed to answer, a shout sounded from inside the home. "Angie, I told you not to answer the door without asking me first!"

The teen let out a light chuckle as a woman stepped in front of Angie, taking her place in the door frame. This time, Y/N was not given a chance to speak, for Eliza beat her to it.

"Hi! I'm Eliza Hamilton." Y/N shook her hand, though confused as to why the woman was so quick to give an introduction. Despite the puzzlement, Y/N knew immediately she loved Eliza. She radiated a welcoming glow, and an extremely kind smile. Everything the teen wanted in a mother.

"You must be Claire. The girl Philip goes to school with. He did tell me you were stopping by."

The rather impetuous introduction was making more sense in Y/N's mind. "No I'm not Claire, actually, ma'am. My name is Y/N L/N. I was hoping to speak to your husband, Alexander Hamilton. Is he around?"

Thrown off by the miss deduced information, Eliza paused. "Oh. Well, he's at work currently."

As expected..

"Would you like to come inside and wait, maybe have some tea? There's a nasty storm coming."

"That would be lovely."

///

Y/N sat at the table inside the warm home, a hot cup of tea in front of her. Eliza had left to inform Philip the person at the door was in fact, not Claire, and also to tell Angie to watch the younger boys. Though Y/N assumed Eliza had not given Angie instructions yet, for the girl plopped into the seat in front of her.

"Hi! I'm Angelica, but you could call me Angie." Angie held a huge smile of her face, lighting up her entire appearance. The girl appeared to be maybe 13.

"It's very nice to meet you Angie." Y/N brought out all of the Kindergarten manners. "I'm Y/N."

"That's such a cool name!" Her eyes widened and Y/N admired her childish manner, despite her only being barely younger than the teen herself. "So, you're Philip's girlfriend, huh?" An eyebrow was raised.

"No, though your mom actually said a similar thing." Y/N paused. "I've never met your older brother, I'm here to see your father."

"Oh." Angie was quick to hop to another topic. "So, where do you go to school then?"

Y/N had planned out an entire backstory for herself, and had to hold back a cheeky grin at her excitement to use it. "I go to Brooklyn high school. I'm assuming it's a different district than your older bro-"

"Why are you lying?"

Completely thrown of by the girl's question, Y/N's act faltered, a slight frown tugging the corner of her lips.

"Pardon me?"

"You're lying. You don't go to Brooklyn. You wish you did, I mean you look so excited when you talk about it, but it's for a different reason. You're face lights up, but your eyes are sad. You want to go to high school. Why are you lying?"

Y/N's eyebrows creased, taking in the younger teen's words, repeating them in her mind, convincing herself that each sentence was false. Y/N was ashamed of herself for getting analyzed so easily, but was primarily impressed by Angelica's Sherlock-like assumptions. It reminded Y/N greatly of herself.

Eliza walked in suddenly and saw Angie sitting at the table. Extremely grateful Y/N didn't have to answer Angie's questions, she quietly sipped her tea while Eliza shooed the girl away.

"She wasn't a bother, Mrs. Hamilton. I hope you know Angie is a very bright girl, and I know that from only a few moments of talking with her." Y/N set her tea cup down and smiled at the woman.