Chapter 2

-Cassandra's Point of View-

Steve and I looked through the files. He lingered on Peggy's. His fingers carefully tracing her face. I stole a glance at the clock. 11:30. I got up when the phone started to ring.

"Hello," I answered.

"We need you to come in, in the morning," Fury's voice came through.

"Yes sir," I replied. The line went dead and I hung up. I walked back into the living room. Steve was still looking at the files. I sighed.

"Come on darling," I pried the files away from him. He stood up and looked at me.

"What," I asked looking around.

"Do you miss them? Your brothers I mean, " he asked.

"Of course I do. But that doesn't mean I don't love it here," I replied to the strange question. He smiled and walked over to me stroking ny cheek. I looked up at him. "What is this all about dear," I asked moving a stray hair out of his face.

"Just curious."

"This is about the people from the files isn't it?" He looked down almost ashamed. I put my finger under his chin pullig his face up to look at me. "It's okay," I smiled slightly, "its okay to feel things. It is what makes you human dearest," I continued.

"I am so thankful that I have you," he kissed my cheek. "You changed me so much Cassandra.  Please never leave me," he begged.

"I wouldn't dream of it darling," I kissed his cheek, but he turned his head to catch me in a full kiss. Our lips moved in synchronization. It was filled with love and compassion. We pulled apart and Steve pressed our foreheads together.

"You always leave me breathless Cas," he chuckled quietly. I laughed. "You have been so helpful to me," he complimented.

"We've helped each other darling, " I laughed.

"Was that Fury on the phone," Steve asked.

"Yeah it was. I have to go in tomorrow, " I explained.

"We'll go into together," he said. I nodded in agreement.

"But, now we need to go to bed," I replied walking away going into my room. I don't know why we had seperate rooms but we did. We always ended up in the same beds due to someone's nightmares.

*Nightmare*

Flashes of my deepest horrors haunted me tonight. Fandral tearing my dress off of me. Loki falling from the bridge. These were typical for the night terrors. But a new one came into my mind. It was during the battle in New York. Steve, Thor, and I had been fighting the Chitauri in a small group. They were closing in on us me freezing then exploding them. Thor hitting them with his hammer. Steve decapitating them with his shield. When I heard Steve gasp in pain. I looked and saw a Chitauri had stabbed him.  I screamed and ran over to him. The vision then faded away. Another came this time it was Loki and Thor. They were fighting Dark Elves.  Next thing I know Thor is gone and Loki is left on the ground , blood coming from his lower abdomen. I screamed in terror.

"Cassandra, " Steve yelled, shaking me awake. I shot into his arms. He held me rocking back and forth slightly. "Shhh it's okay I'm here. Its okay now. Shh," he whispered. He picked me up and carried me, bridal style, into his room and layed down with me. To say the least I was still terrified.