Chapter 12

-Cassandra-

We flew around Svartalfheim, which to me seemed like we were announcing our presence. I was filled in on the idiotic plan of my brothers, but had no choice as to go along with it. Loki continued directing us around arid realm I had transformed my floor length gown into a shorter battle dress. Jane was laying on the floor still passed out Thor covered her with the cloak I had shed as I leaned my head against a railing on the ship.

"Oh what I could do with the power that flows through those veins," Loki eyed Jane, which drew my attention. I looked at him wide-eyed. "Don't be so surprised Cassandra Erica," he glared at me.

"It would consume you," Thor lectured, sitting down by me.

"Like the power of the tesseract," I muttered adding to the tension.

"She's holding up alright," Loki grumbled, ignoring my comment. "For now."

"She's strong in ways you have never known," Thor defended his love.

"Just say goodbye," the God of Mischief snarled. I shuttered, I didn't want to deal with them fighting, but I had no fight in me. I was tired of fighting. Fighting for and about everything, I was done with it. But, I couldn't be, this was the life I chose.

"Not this day," Thor finally answered.

"This day, the next, a hundred years. It's nothing! It's a heartbeat" Loki was addressing us both, "you'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prize will be snatched from you. And the same for with your soldier," Loki words cutting like a knife.

"Enough, stop this," I begged.

"Cassandra, they will die and you will be all alone. Just like the time father sent you away to Vanaheim. You have NO ONE and there will be nothing you can do about it," he kept snarling at me. "Your powers will consume you as will fear," he kept pushing his boundaries.

"And will hitting us satisfy you," Thor butted in.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature," Loki replied quickly, almost as if snapping out of a spell he sent an apologetic glance my way.

"Surrender is not in mine," Thor growled. Loki looked around.

"Son of Odin," Loki murmured. Thor heard this and rose in anger.

"Oh not just of Odin, you think you alone who loved mother? You had her tricks, but we had her trust," Thor came closer to Loki's face.

"I didn't," I gasped.

"What," they asked in unison.

"Mother hated me. She gave me looks as if I were a piece of meat. A burden. A waste of space. She never loved the way she loved you two. She sent me to Vanaheim and told them to do all those things to me," I whispered. Loki looked back to Thor in an accusing way but knelt towards me in comfort.

"Trust," he snarled, "was that her last expression. Trust!? When you let her die," he yelled, getting back up.

"Stop Loki" I whispered.

"What help were you in your cell," Thor argued back.

"Who put me there? WHO PUT ME THERE," Loki screamed in frustration and sadness.

"Enough," I yelled ice flaring out of hands, I calmed myself quickly and melted the ice. This battle had already taken its toll on the three of us and the battle had yet to begin.

"You know damn well who," Thor pushed past me and grabbed Loki, throwing him onto the back of the ship fist raised for the first blow. I was frozen and watched in horror. What was happening to us? As if snapping out of a gaze Thor dropped his arm

"She wouldn't want us to fight," he released Loki's clothes. "Cas, she loved you. I promise," he placed a hand on my shoulder briefly and walked back to Jane.

"Well, she wouldn't actually be shocked," Loki smiled. I gave a breathy laugh, and Thor scoffed.

"Well I wish I could trust you," he seemed sincere. I looked at Loki and saw regret in his eyes. I wiped away a final tear.

"Cassy," Loki called. I looked over and saw his arms spread for me. I walked into his arms without hesitation, he wrapped one arm around me and the other stroked my hair. He leaned into Thor, me still in his arms.

"Trust my rage."

I looked up at him, and he looked down at me. I knew what we were going to do.