Chapter 20: Kidnapped

Ash's P.O.V

As the soft snores entered my ears I looked down at the small, sleeping blonde on my shoulder and sighed. I closed the book and placed it on the shelf next to me before standing up and tucking him into bed. "Goodnight, Henry," I whispered placing a kiss on his forehead.

I turned on the nightlight before quietly closing the dirt behind me. I walked to the living room and propped down on the couch next to JJ. "Finally got him to bed." I said resting my head in her lap. She ran her fingers through my hair and I smiled. I loved when she did this. "I think I might be better at this mom thing than you."

"Well, that's only because you've basically had more experience than me. With your siblings and their kids." She chuckled. I laughed knowing she was right. I did have to babysit a lot when my parents were too busy working and my siblings couldn't find any other babysitters. I was starting to fall asleep when my phone dinged on the coffee table. "Something wrong?"

"My cousin is having family issues right now and needs to leave. I gotta head home so I can relieve her of her duties."

"Do you want me to walk you home?" She asked as I pulled my coat over my shoulders.

"No, it's fine. You need to stay here with Henry. I'll see you at work tomorrow." I gave her a quick peck before putting in my earbuds and heading home.

I was halfway home when a man ran up to me frantically. He had raven hair that was in a French cropped haircut and appeared to be in his mid-to-late thirties. He was dressed in sweatpants and a navy blue shirt and he was sweating. "Miss, you gotta help me, please," he pleaded. "My car broke down, my daughter is going into labor and I can't get a signal anywhere!"

"Sir, calm down. Show me where she is and I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you." He said before leading me towards his car. When we got back to his car he opened the back door to show me his pregnant daughter.

"Uh, there's no one back there." I said looking into the car.

"Really, now?" He said shutting the door and looking at me with a filthy grin. "You see, there's something you should know about me." He took a step closer to me and instinctively I took a step back. Suddenly I found myself pressed up against his car and my heart was pounding with fear. "I don't have a daughter." He jammed a needle into my neck and I screamed out in pain.

He took a few steps away from me and I tried to walk away, but I couldn't. My legs were wobbling basically throwing me off balance every time I tried to move. "What... the hell?" I glared at the man before falling to the ground. The last thing I saw was the man and another figure approach with rope, then I was encased in darkness.

•••

When I woke up I was met with a stinging pain in my neck, concrete walls and the sound of people arguing. "She'll never love you! You're gonna get us killed! I can't believe I agreed to this!" One voice shouted. It sounded like the man I met earlier.

"She'll learn! And the only one whose gonna get killed is you, Max, if you don't shut up and do what I said!" Then I heard a slap being delivered across someone's face. I'm assuming it was Max based on what I just heard. The next thing I heard was footsteps approaching from above me. Okay, so I'm underground that's a start. A figure walked out in front of me but I couldn't make out who it was because of their mask. "Glad, to see you're finally awake. Sorry if you heard that fight, but my brother can be so annoying sometimes."

I listened closely to see if their voice would give anything away, but it sounded like they were disguising it. "Why am I here?" I groaned out.

The figure walked up to me and ran their fingers against the side of my face, moving a strand of my hair behind my ear and I flinched away in disgust. "Hey I'm not gonna hurt you," they said softly. "I just had to get you away from that blonde slut who stole you away from me, baby. Now we can finally be together. Like fate wanted."

"What do you know about fate?!" I spat. I was reeling that this idiot called JJ a slut. "You do not kidnap somebody and tie them up if fate is intended, you asshole! Plus I'm gay!" That earned me a hard slap across my face, leaving a stinging pain.

"It is fate! Fate wants us to be together! That's why fate led me to you! I know you're gay and so am I! And don't you ever speak to me that way again!" So this is a girl that's completely obsessed with me.

"Or what?" I asked glaring her, but before she had a chance to answer the door behind me opened and Max was standing behind the figure.

"It is done." He said and I could tell she was smiling behind the mask.

"Good," she said before pulling out a pocket knife and placing it under my chin. "Set up the camera. We've got a show to put on."