Chapter 14: Jealousy

Ash's P.O.V

"Hey, Ash." I looked up to see Morgan standing in front of my desk, his jacket thrown over his shoulder and a little yellow package in his hand.

"Hey, Morgan. What's in the package?"

"I have no idea. I was walking into the building and saw a delivery guy looking for you. I figured since we worked on the same floor I would save him the hassle and bring this up myself." He said handing me the package. I took the package from him and opened it up turning it upside down allowing a card and a yin necklace to fall out. A smile crept its way onto my face as I read the card.

'This is to show you how proud I am of you for getting the FBI job. I know it was a dream come true and I'm sorry for taking so long to congratulate you, but works been busy. You know how hard being a doctor is. Anyways, enjoy your new job Yin. ~Lisa (Yang)'

"Will you help me put this on?" I asked Morgan who was still standing there watching me. He nodded his head before coming behind me and holding my hair up so I could put the necklace on. It was a beautifully crafted necklace on a gold chain. On each side of the symbol there was even number of other charms to add to the necklace. It had my name running along the curve and friends going straight across. I knew that meant the other half said best and had Lisa's name running along the curve of it. Lisa was my best friend in high school and still is to this very day. She was there with me through thick and thin. She was even there when I came out to my parents so I wouldn't have to face the possible rejection alone. But turns out my parents didn't care that I was gay just so long as I was happy and that's what I love about them.

Just then Hotch walked in with a vase of roses in his hand. He approached my desk and carefully sat them down. "These were delivered here for you." He said before walking away to his office. Of course, there was a card attached to the flowers.

'Woohoo, way to go Ash! I'm so happy you got the job. Hopefully you'll be able to come and visit or I could come visit you. Enjoy, the roses — since I know they're your favorite — and do me a favor and send me that brunette boy's number. ~Regan'

"Well, someone's popular."

I rolled my eyes at Morgan's remark. "I'm not popular it's just some friends who didn't have a chance till now to congratulate and wish me luck on the job."

"Just some lady friends."

"So?"

"Nothing." He said turning back to his desk. I just rolled my eyes at him again before I noticed JJ and Emily walking in together. Emily had a small — but not to small — brown box in her hand and JJ looked like she was trying to figure out what was inside. As they got closer I could hear a little bit of a conversation.

"Em, come on. Just tell me what's in the box."

"JJ, I told you. I don't know. It's not for me I'm just bringing it up."

"Then whose it for?"

"Ash." She stated stopping in front of my desk and handing me the box. I took the box out of her hand and began to open it. It revealed a framed picture of twelve year old me hugging a raven haired girl while she kissed my cheek with her arms wrapped around me. Of course, there was another note.

'Alright, Ash! Congrats on the job, girlfriend. I hear that you travel a lot and I'm hoping that you get to come here and see little 'ole me again. I'm wishing you the best of luck on your profiling journey and hope everything turns out great for you. ~Maddie'

As I was reading the note I could feel everyone staring at me and a certain pair of eyes were burning a hole in me. I casually looked up and saw JJ glaring at me from a good distance away so no one would notice. "She's cute, Ash. Who is she?" Reid asked from behind me.

I watched JJ walk off before answering. "Her name is Maddie and she's a friend from my childhood. We grew up together." I explained to them.

"Were you two together or...?"

My mind wandered off to JJ and how that's probably what she was thinking when she saw the photo. I better go explain. "No, we're just great friends. I'll be back."

I knocked on the door to her office and heard her say come in. She probably didn't know it was me otherwise she probably would've said "go away." I walked in and shut the door behind me. "Hey," I said nervously. "You okay?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Jayje, I'm a profiler. I know when you're lying to me." I said cautiously not trying to upset her anymore than she already was.

She sighed and placed the files she was going over in her lap. "You know? Sometimes I really hate profilers. They think that it's just okay to profile everybody when they feel like it. But it's not. Nobody likes to be profiled all the time Ash. You should really chill out with that." She snapped at me. I knew she didn't mean it she was upset, but it still hurt.

"Jayje, talk to me. Please? Tell me what's wrong."

"You're a profiler you should know what's wrong! I mean how would you feel if you walk in with your best friend and head to your girlfriends desk only to see her unwrap a picture of her and another girl who was kissing her cheek. How would you feel if it was another girl who sent it to her? How would you feel if you found out that two other girls were sending her stuff?"

"Wait, are you jealous?" She bit the inside of her lip and avoided eye contact with me by looking at the ground. "You are! You're jealous. That's adorable."

"Shut up!" She yelled trying to look upset, but the blush on her face was not helping. I walked up to her and interlaced our fingers together placing my forehead on hers.

"You don't need to be jealous, baby. You're the only girl for me. Besides they aren't even my type."

"Type? You have a type? What's your type?" She asked.

"You are my type. Blonde, blue eyes, gives off a motherly vibe, cheery when need be and there's so much more, but it would take forever to go through them all."

"I love you." She whispered into my hair.

"I love you too."