Chapter 1

A few months earlier

   It was a Wensday evening; she had just gotten out work at the coffee shop that was down the street. Wally's last class ended hours ago, she wasn't surprised by the usual toss of his shoes right by the door. But she didn't recognize the high heels in the middle of her floor. Or the female clothes that weren't hers either on the floor mixed with Wally's. She followed the clothes down the hall, leading to the main bedroom. As she got closer she could hear voices and giggling, one was definitely Wally's, and the other female. The door was slightly opened; when she peeked in she felt her heart almost burst. Wally her boyfriend of almost six years was in their bed, naked, making out with his project partner Linda Park.

A Few weeks after that

   "Hey Wally," Artemis called. "Yeah babe?" "Are we still good for dinner Friday?" "Sorry. I have a late night study." "Okay. What about Saturday?" "I'm going over to Barry's for the weekend. I'm sorry." "It's okay," Artemis said sadly. Wally went to the restroom meanwhile Artemis was trying her best not to cry. She knew Wally didn't have a 'late night study'. And Wally would have told her if Barry had called. She knew those were just lies to go see Linda.

Today

   Artemis threw her bags into the back seat and got into the driver's seat. Wally quickly followed after her with a desperate expression on his face.
   "Artemis, wait, let me explain!" "Explain what Wally? What!?" She hissed at him with a vicsious glare. "I'm sorry, Artemis, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to go this far!" He tried to reach for her hand, but she snatched it out of his reach. "I love you, Artemis."
   "Really? Cause that didn't seem to stop you from cheating on me for the past few months." Dread filled in the pit of his stomach, his green eyes wide in shock and horror. She knew. "Yeah, that's right, you think I didn't know about your 'late night study', Mr. Secret!" She snapped. "You think I don't know what you two do in bed during the nights you 'slept over' at Barry's house?" Tears were starting form in her eyes. "I know, Wally, I've known for a long time."
   "Then why didn't you say anything?"
"Because for some damn reason, I trusted you," she finally let the tears fall, Wally felt a stab in his heart as he watched her cry. She never cried, only after her mother's death. "Because I trusted you that you would come clean and stop cheating on me. That you would come back to me and never lie to me again...to never kill me with all the pain you were causing me. But I guess that trust was given to you blindly."
   And with that Artemis drove away.

A/N I'm a huge fan of the Spitfire shipping and it hurt writing this chapter. The next chapter will be up in a few days.
-Corkyfangirl