Mistletoe boys (Kleinsen)

Start from the beginning

"So how have you boys been?" Heidi asked.

"Enough small talk, woman. It's present time." Jared announced, flinching as Evan slapped him.

"Fine." His dad gave in.

"Yay!" Jared screeched. He pulled out one of the boxes from the parents. It was addressed to Evan and Jared from Heidi. Evan let Jared open it, knowing how much he enjoyed unwrapping presents. Matching sweaters. The ugly kind. Evan and Jared hugged her.

"Thanks so much, Heidi!"

"Go." Heidi gestured. "Put them on." They nodded, rushing to the bathroom and changing their shirts.

"Drumroll please...." Jared called from the end of the hallway, as the parents drummed the two boys ran out in matching, white Christmas sweaters that were decorated with depictions of mistletoe.

"Awwww." All the parents chorused.

"Boys, boys, pose and let me get pictures." Heidi called. Jared posed, lifting up the, now smaller Evan and holding him bridal style, pressing their lips together.

"Okay, Okay. Time for our gifts." The Kleinmans announced. They handed Heidi a small bag which contained a locket with a picture of both of her boys. They then handed Evan and Jared a larger box. As Jared ripped it open he saw a tuxedo and a poofy white dress.

"Mom..." Jared questioned. "Is this you wedding dress?"

"Maybe..."

"Mom. You are aware that we are both boys, right?"

"Well, obviously, honey. I just though our little Evy would look so adorable in that dress! And it's your fathers Tux in there too, by the way."

"That's so sweet, Mrs. Kleinman! It's just, you do know we aren't engaged yet?" Evan said. Jared's Mom just gave him a look.

Evan rushed over to the Christmas tree, grasping a small box and shoving it into Jared's arms. Jared knew immediately what to do when he saw the movie, popping it into the DVD player and pressing 'start'. Evan could see tears building up in his boyfriend's eyes as he watched, glued to the video. As soon as the video was over Jared flung his entire body onto Evan's.

"Ev! I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Jared." Evan cooed, the parents hushing their 'aww's.

"I guess that sets the mood for my gift." Jared decided, pulling out the last and, by far, the largest gift from under the tree, handing it to Evan.

Evan ripped the wrapping off which led to a large cardboard box, which he cut open with the pocket knife he had handy, just to reveal another box. Evan cut through this one as well, glaring at Jared. Another box. And another box. And another box. And another one. After the sixth box Evan looked at Jared.

"I hate you." Evan hissed.

"That's not what you said last night." Jared winked.

Evan went back to work, opening his gift. He opened several more boxes before getting to the smallest one. A small, black, velvet box. Evan sighed, finally having reached the end of the boxes. He grasped the small container and pulled it into his hand, as he clicked it open Jared went down on one knee. Evan gasped as he saw the beautiful diamond ring. Wait? Ring?

"Evan!" Jared started. "Today is our third anniversary, but I've loved you for years upon years. I think I loved you when we first met, really. I just didn't know it yet. I pushed you away all those years saying you're just a 'family friend' that I was using for my car insurance, but, God, I wish I hadn't, because, then, we could have had all those years together. And, now, I realize, I don't want to miss any opportunity to be with you again. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Dear Evan Hansen, I love you more than words can express. Will you do me the honor of being mine for the rest of your life? Evan Hansen, will you be my husband?"

"Yes!" Evan squealed, "yes, Jared, yes!" He grasped Jared's shoulders and reached up on his tiptoes, kissing his fiancé. His fiancé.

~

Sorry that this one's shorter than the other ones.

Remember, you can always leave a request! I would be glad to see anything you guys want.

Have a great day, loves.💋💋