9

A/n: Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. There's a Sherlock scene coming up, because I know how much we like to mix universes!

I turned my face away from him, not allowing our lips to meet.

"I don't think it's such a good idea," I whispered.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry," I stood up and walked to the edge of the balcony, leaning against the railing.

"No, you're right," he walked up beside me.

I looked at him in sorrow, I didn't want to hurt him.

"You don't want a relationship and that's fine, I get it," he said.

"No, it's just.." I sighed and turned my head away from him, avoiding eye contact. "I don't think you're over Haley yet."

He sighed again.

"I mean, it's not even been a year," I looked at him and this time he was the one to look away. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you," I stood up beside him.

"Let's get some sleep," Aaron turned around and without looking at me he went inside.

I took a deep breath and just looked at the trees surrounding the building. After a few minutes I decided to join Aaron in the motel room. He was laying on his bed, reading a book. I walked to my bag and grabbed the shirt I always sleep in, which is a white t-shirt. I changed quickly in the bathroom and laid in bed with the fluffy cover over me a few seconds later.

We didn't say another word to each other and it felt weird. Weird that he was mad or sad or whatever because of me. We've always had this kind of funny and light relationship, we've never been so close that we fight but not so professional that we can't make jokes. But here we were, laying in separate beds in the same room and we were being just that, so close but so far away.

I turned in my bed all night, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. It killed me to not know what Aaron was thinking, what he felt. Was he mad? Was he sad? Was he hurt? I couldn't tell and I there was nothing I could do about it besides ask, and he wouldn't talk to me. I sighed and pushed my head into the pillow. I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

***

We were sitting in the car, in silence. Aaron was driving this time and my head was resting on the window. I watched every house we passed, every single one in a different color. I turned my head facing Aaron and for the first time since the event last night he met my gaze.

"I found your text," he said before focusing on the road again.

"What text?" I looked at him confused.

"Is that why you wouldn't kiss me?" He asked.

"What are you talking about? I haven't looked at my phone in days," I said.

"Well, then you should check it," his voice was cold.

I opened the pocket on my jacket and took out my phone. And there it was, the text Aaron was talking about. It was from Scott, the doctor who tried to buy me coffee, I don't even like coffee. He was wondering if I wanted to go to dinner with him.

"Aaron, you can't seriously think that I'm interested in him."

"What do you want me to think? You refuse to kiss me and then another guy wants to take you out on a date," he sounded irritated but didn't raise his voice. "Why didn't you just tell me the truth? Why did you feel the need to blame it on me not being over Haley?"

"I am not interested in him!"

"Are you crying?" Aaron looked at me.

"No!" I snapped. "You're just making me really angry right now," I covered my face with my hands.