Chapter 1

Hey Jessi here!

This is my first story, so please comment, rate, and follow! :)

****

"-And it will be on your right!"

I clutched my books to my chest and murmured a small thanks that was barely audible.

Scurrying in the direction of the room she pointed out, I bumped into a wall. It was a hard wall.

I looked up and literally face palmed. It was actually a wall. Not a hunky boy.

Just my luck, I rolled my eyes and walked into my first class, wearing a wall print on my forehead.

My first period English teacher looked up, "Hello, how may I help you?"

I stood there frozen looking around the room for a perfect unnoticeable seat.

Hm, back corner is too obvious, and definitely not the front row.

The teacher clearing his throat brought me back to reality.

I blushed and stupidly asked, "What?"

He stood up and made his way over.

"I'm Mr. Atkins, how may I help you?"

"Hello, I'm Joy." I said in an almost whisper.

"Oh! The new student. Very nice to meet you." he said while holding out his hand.

I cringed at the phrase "new student".

Mr. Atkins awkwardly cleared his throat again and dropped his hand abruptly.

Oh no! Did he think I was cringing at his hand shake offer? I panicked in my head and blurted out, "I wasn't cringing at your hand! No, you have a fine hand. Please let me shake it."

And with that, I used both my hands and yanked his hands and gave it a firm shake.

OH MY GOSH THIS IS MORTIFYING.

A blush started creeping up my neck when I realized what I had done, and I ran to the back of the room and let the embarrassment wash over me.

What a terrible way to start off the day at a new school. 

I groaned out loud.

"Pst."

Mr. Atkins probably thinks I'm a hand shaking freak.

"PST."

Whoever is psting, they aren't psting at me.

"PST. PST. Hey you!" A girl's voice chuckled.

I lifted my head and took a quick glance at her.

"M-me?" I stuttered.

She nodded with satisfaction and greeted, "I'm Jessica. Who are you? I've never seen you around so you must be new around here! Oh my gosh was it sad leaving your old home? I would be totally devastated. Like that is just so sad. But don't worry you'll have a great time here! I'll make sure of it. Wowww, your eyes are so pretty. I wish I had blue eyes like you! Mine are just a drab brown..."

Jessica kept talking and I stopped listening. The only thing I could think of was how can she talk this long? She hasn't even taken a breath yet.

"- and I love lemon tarts." She finished off her spew with a smile.

"So what about you?"

I just stared at her with my mouth agape like a fish.

"Um..."