Chapter 24: Peculiar

"What do you mean by that?" Godt wanted to know.

"He's lying on my lap right now. He's not breathing."

"He's..." Godt looked over at Bas and wanted to tell Singto about the comatose fairy. Yet hearing the other's painful sobs stopped him from doing so.

"I didn't even have a chance to tell him that I love him," Singto cried. "I love him."

What's going on? Why are the both of them...? Is Krist like that because of Bas? Godt tried to work everything out in his head. "P'Singto, please hold on. I need to do something." He switched on the speaker on his cell phone.

"I never told him that I love him," Singto proceeded to mumble.

"I know. Wait, okay?" Godt placed his phone aside and leaned down to kiss Bas's lips. Drawing away, he watched to see if there was a reaction from the fairy. "Come on. Wake up, Nong Bas. Wake up..."

"What's wrong with Bas?" Singto's voice could be heard.

Godt kissed Bas's lips once again but with more passion. "Nong, please..."

"Did something happen to Bas?" Singto asked.

"He's unconscious," Godt supplied.

"What? Did you kiss him or something? Why is he unconscious?"

"Well, I did more than kiss him," Godt admitted.

"Did you...?" There was a pause before Singto continued on. "Try kissing him again."

"I did...twice," Godt informed.

"Is it working?"

"I don't know."

"Try harder!" Singto shouted desperately.

"Who's hard?" Tul's sudden appearance took Singto by surprise, and the lad stared up at him sadly. "W-What's wrong with you, Nong Singto?" Tul sputtered when he saw Singto's tear-washed face.

"It's Krist," Singto blubbered. "He's..."

Tul's eyes widened when he caught sight of the furry white creature on Singto's lap. "H-He turned back into a bunny?"

"He..."

"Huh?" Singto looked so heartbroken, Tul wasn't sure how to console him.

Max swerved around Tul from behind and went to take a look at Krist. Gently petting its head, he frowned when he realized that the bunny was lifeless. Looking up at Tul, Max shook his head to indicate that it was no longer alive.

"Bas..." Godt's voice echoed from Singto's phone.

"Is that Godt?" Tul grabbed the phone and switched on the speaker. "Did something happen to Bas, too?"

"He's unconscious," Godt provided.

"Is Krist like this because of Bas?" Max derived.

"That's strange. Krist wasn't," Tul refrained from finishing what he had on his mind, "when Bas was unconscious last time."

"Nong!" Godt called out happily.

Bas furrowed his brows and slowly opened his eyes. "What's the matter?" Bas blinked confusedly at the worried man. "Why are you so loud?" The fairy muttered his complaints and sat up only for Godt to wrap him into a strong embrace.