Chapter 22: Souvenirs

Singto walked up to his door and hesitated for a moment before he unlocked it. He was about to turn the knob, when Tul swung open the door.

"P'Tul!" Singto jolted in surprise.

"Must you be so loud?" Tul complained and shook the ringing out of his ears.

"You scared the daylight out of me." Singto panted and noticed that everyone was inside. "What are all of you doing here?"

"We told you that we would meet up at your place," Godt reminded. "So, here we are."

"Don't you guys have better things to do?" Singto swerved around Tul and went into his apartment.

Tul shrugged and shut the door.

Singto saw Krist and Bas helping Max set up the dinner table. The sight of a bunny fairy, an ex-bunny, and a scaredy-cat muscle guy getting along harmoniously was indeed intriguing. Who would have thought that this was even possible, considering what happened the day before?

"Nong Singto, I placed your gift in your bedroom," Tul informed.

"What gift?" Singto queried.

"The souvenir we got for you from our trip," Max intervened.

"Wow! You guys really got me something?" Sarcasm was laced into Singto's tone.

"Why do you sound so amazed?" Tul huffed. "Everyone here got souvenirs from us."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." They all nodded at Singto.

"Whatever. I'm going to change out of these clothes." Singto made his way to his room and exchanged his work clothing with a pair of shorts and a comfy t-shirt. His eyes caught notice of the bag on his desk, so he went to take a look. What did they get me? Looking into the bag, he pulled out a black box and grumbled when he realized what it was. What the heck! Throwing it back into the bag, Singto stomped out to the living room and tossed the bag at Tul. "I don't want it!"

"What? You don't like strawberry flavor?" Tul teased. "We have one that's assorted. Max thought Krist would enjoy the strawberry one the most. If you like, we could trade ours with yours."

"Normal people buy mugs, t-shirts, other trinkets as souvenirs," Singto enlightened. "You two went and got me this?"

"Why be normal when we could be fabulous?" Max supplied with the flip of his hair.

"My baby is right," Tul agreed.

"What did they get you, Nong Godt?" Singto wanted to know.

"I got a bracelet." Godt smiled and lifted his wrist up to show Singto. "See? Isn't it nice?"

"I got a shirt." Krist pulled at the hem of the t-shirt he was wearing and beamed. "Isn't it cute?"

"It's very cute, Krist." Singto smiled at the cutie.

"I got a matching bracelet with P'Godt." Bas voiced.

"Even the fairy and the bunny got gifts? That's impressive."

"We always buy extra gifts just in case," Max stated.

"How is it that everyone else got normal gifts and I got...?"

"What did they get you?" Godt was becoming curious of the reason why Singto was over reacting.