Chapter 3.

They say a hero can save us, I'm not going to stand here and wait.

---

I rush into Al's house to find her soaked in blood, sobbing uncontrollably. I run towards her, immediately scooping her into my arms and holding her tightly, letting her cry into me and spilling the blood onto my clothing. "Sh, it's going to be okay. It's okay, you're safe." I tell her, holding her like it's the last time.

"Jesus Christ." I hear Happy say as he walks into the house, noticing Al's mom's dead body laying on the ground, covered in bullet wounds. "Who did this?" I turn to him and give him a 'not now' look as I continue to hold Al in my arms.

"Let's get you out of here. You can stay at my place." I tell her, kissing the top of her head and picking her up bridal style, carrying her out of the house. "Hap, go grab some clothes from her room please." I direct my brother. He nods, rushing down the hallway and stuffing clothes in a big duffle bag.

I hear sirens and notice a cop car pulling into the driveway. I watch as Jarry gets out of the vehicle, giving me a suspicious stare. "What happened here, Teller?" she calls out to me, noticing the bloodied girl I have in my arms.

"Someone shot up my wife's house, you know as much as I do." I hiss at her, not wanting to deal with this with Al right here.

Al wiggles out of my arms and stands on her own, leaning against me for support. "I need to shower." Is all she tells us, staring at the cop in front of her, not properly processing what had just happened. "Can I please just go and shower?"

Jarry nods, looking over Al and then looking back at me. "I'll talk to you later, Jax." Jarry tells me, noticing Happy walking out of the house with a duffle bag full of Al's clothing. "I'm assuming that's a bag for her?"

I nod, looking back at Hap and watching him get on his bike, tossing the bag around his shoulder. "Ready, Jax?" He calls out to me.

I look back to Jarry, "I'll see you later." I tell her as I walk Al slowly over to my bike. I shrug off my cut and sweater, handing it to her and then sliding my cut back on. "Wear this. I don't want unwanted attention." I tell her. She takes the black sweater from me and zips it up, not saying anything. Her eyes look empty, not scared, not sad, just empty.

I sigh, getting on my bike and having her follow, wrapping her arms around my waist as we drive back to my house where Tig is waiting for us. Once we pull into my driveway, Happy hands me the bag and gives Al a kiss on the cheek, wishing her the best before leaving us alone to see her dad. We walk into my house and Al remains quiet. I look over to Tig who rushes from his spot on the sofa, immediately wrapping his arms around his daughter. "Ally girl. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry you had to see that. Are you okay? Safe? Hurt?" He bombards her with questions and I walk down the hallway to my bedroom, leaving the two of them alone to talk.

I pull out my phone and call Chibs, "Look into this. The IRA, this was them. I know it, the guns were automatic, and they know to hit where it hurts. Set up a meeting with them tomorrow."

"Are you sure, Jackie Boy? It couldn't have been the Niners? Mayans?"

I shake my head, "They wouldn't turn that quickly on us, especially without reason. IRA is pissed about Clay, they're trying to get back at us for taking him out."

I hear Chibs sigh, "Alright. I'll set up a meeting." And with that, I hang up and walk back to the living room where I see Tig talking to Al, making sure she's okay, but she surely isn't.

I clear my throat, looking down at the stunned woman. "Did you want to shower?" I ask her, and she looks up at me, nodding slightly.

"Please." Is all she manages to squeak out. I watch as she stands up and walks down her familiar home, heading to the washroom. I look over at Tig and he sighs, giving me a concerned look.