Chapter 2.

I pray for your peace even if you started this whole war in me.

---

I walk out of the gym in tight leggings and a sports bra. I let out a sigh as I wipe my forehead with my towel while I walk towards my SUV. My long black hair is up in a messy ponytail and my freckles are scattered across my nose and cheeks. I chug my water bottle before unlocking my vehicle and tossing my gym bag in, pulling out my cellphone and checking my messages.

I frown at one missed call from Gemma. "For fuck sake." I murmur before calling her back. The phone rings for a minute before she picks up.

"Hey baby, are the kids at your place tonight or Jax's? I've lost track." She admits. I chuckle slightly as I walk around to the driver's seat, opening the door and sitting down.

"No worries, Gem. I think Jax's, why? What's going on?" I relax into the leather seat and fan myself with my hand.

"No one can get a hold of him and I don't mind picking the boys up from daycare obviously. Melody is with Neeta and I at my place, so it's fine. I don't want to worry you."

I nod, taking another drink of water. "He's probably on a call or something with the club. I can stop by the clubhouse and Nero's. Maybe he's there." The thought of that made my stomach drop. "If you don't mind making dinner for the kids, I can send you money for pizza or something."

Gemma refuses, "God no, it's fine. I'll make some spaghetti and then get the boys washed up. How about they spend the night here tonight? Take the night to yourself and relax. You deserve it."

I smile into my phone, "Perfect. Thank you so much, Gemma, seriously. You've been so helpful with this split."

"Hey now, you're family and I'll do anything for my grandbabies. You have a good night and I'll have the boys give you a call to say goodnight. Love you, kiddo."

"Sounds good. Thanks again, Gem. Love you too." And with that, I hang up the phone and connect it to my SUV Bluetooth, putting on some music and heading off Nero's place to see if Jax is there so I can at least let him know the kids will be at his mom's place and hopefully we can figure out plans for next week.

I pull into the parking lot out front of Nero's business and sigh, dreading walking into the building. I rub my bare eyes and feel myself already getting emotional. "Come on, pull yourself together." I pep talk myself, "You're an adult and you two aren't together anymore. He can do what he wants and he's probably just here for business."

I shake my head, grabbing my keys and walking out of the vehicle and locking it behind me. My hourglass figure is shown off by my tight leggings and sports bra and I feel self-conscious due to the exposure. I pull open the heavy glass door and I feel eyes on me, my nerves peaking. "Is Jax here?" I ask the brunette sitting behind the desk.

She rolls her eyes and blows a bubble from her gum, popping it obnoxiously. "He's busy, sweets."

I narrow my gaze at her and sigh, "Where is he? Nero's office? Someone's room?" I ask angrily, not letting myself get disrespect by a useless twat.

I watch as she crosses her arms and smirks, "Why are your panties in a bunch? Last I heard, he was a single man and wasn't going to let no old broad hold him back. He's one of our best here, you know." I walk over to the airhead and grab her hand, snapping a finger and glaring at the woman in front of me crying in pain. "What the fuck!"

I hear footsteps and shouting from down the hall and before I know it, Nero, my dad, Chibs and Jax are standing beside me, staring in shock at the screaming brunette. "Thanks for the help, I found him." I tell her in an innocent tone. I look over at Jax and point at him, "You, outside."

I give my dad and Nero and apologetic look and turn my back on the men, heading towards the door before I hear a whistle. I turn around and see Happy standing there with a goofy smirk on his face, "Mrs. T! You're looking fine today!" He hollers at me.

I chuckle, "Thanks Hap, you don't look too bad yourself." I reply, pushing open the door and feeling Jax's jealous stare burning into the back of my head. I walk over to my SUV and unlock it, reaching for my water bottle and taking a sip before turning around to face Jax.

"Gonna' tell me why you're busting into Diosa and breaking employee's fingers?" He asks me as he pulls out his pack of cigarettes and lighting one in between his lips.

"Were you on a club call or getting sucked off here? I often forget why you're attached to businesses like this, but I guess it's an easy place for pussy." I hiss at him before shutting the car door behind me and leaning against it.

Jax sighs, shaking his head and blowing out smoke. "I'm not going to argue with you right now. Why are you here?"

"Gemma has been trying to get a hold of you all day about the kids. It's fine, she called me, and she decided to take them for the night so that you don't have to. When was the last time they spent the night with you and not at your mom's? A month? Two?"

I watch as he starts to get angry, "Are you kidding me right now?" he asks me in an annoyed tone. I shrug, not replying to him. "I've been busy with club shit. You know how hectic my life with the club is, especially with being president."

I nod, "Yup." I say, popping the 'p'. I watch as a slim blonde girl walks past Jax and I, smirking at Jax and sending him a wink.

"See you soon, Jax?" She asks in a squeaky voice. I roll my eyes, not wanting to deal with this shit on top of figuring out arrangements for the kids. I watch as Jax sighs, realizing this wasn't helping his situation.

"Wonderful, you must really be a well-liked guy here. Probably give them a lot of business." I say, glaring at him before opening my car door once more. "Spend some time with your kids for once. I'll take them Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. Gives you more than enough time to see how they're doing." I let out a sigh, frustrated with how much Jax has changed over the last few months.

He shakes his head, tossing his cigarette to the ground and crushing it under his boot. "Whatever." Is all he says before storming inside and slamming the door behind him, causing one of the girls to jump. I let out a frustrated scream in my SUV and hold my head in my hands as I cry out of anger and frustration.

I race back to my house to see my mom's car in the drive-way. I raise an eyebrow, confused as to why she'd be here to see me as I haven't spoken to her in years and know she got my address from her police database. I close my eyes and let out a long breath, not knowing how this is going to play out. I get out of my car and walk slowly to the front door, opening it to reveal my mom sitting on the couch. "Mom?"

She turns around and gives me a sad look, "Alexis." She replies softly before getting up and pulling me into a hug. "I'm so sorry." She cries into my shoulder and I don't know what to do so I stand there, holding her and letting her cry into me. "I'm so, so sorry."

The emotions come over me and I start sobbing with my mother, feeling a wave of sadness, anger and regret. "It's okay, mom. It's okay." And it was seconds later I hear a blood curdling scream and watch as my clothes get soaked in blood as I watch my mother fall to the floor.

---

"What do you mean?" I hear Tig shout over the phone. "For fuck sake!" He screams, tossing his phone against the brick wall outside of the clubhouse and watching it smash instantly.

I look over to him, giving him a worried glance. "What's going on, Tig?" I watch as he kneels, holding his head in his hand before shooting up and booting a milk crate that flies and hits a car. I walk to him and put a hand on his shoulder, "Tig!"

He looks over to me, tears in his eyes and shaking his head. "Al's house got shot up, her mom was there and got killed."

My eyes widen and I rush to my bike, anger and fear pulsing through my veins, the only thing on my mind is wondering if Al is okay or not.