He towered over me and his grasp on my hand was suffocating, as if he were afraid I'd run away.

Was every Aries this quiet?

If I'd learned anything from my sister, it was the complete opposite.

I cleared my throat and hoped he wouldn't give me a one-word answer, "What sector do you live in?"

"Regulus Zeta."

One word more than I wanted but he didn't say anything else. It was hard to tell if it was just his personality or if he was actually just shy.

"Cool. Um, how old are you?" Judging from his looks, he appeared to be a few years older than me.

"Just turned eighteen."

"I'm seventeen," I smiled, liking that we were almost the same age, "What's your favorite class in school?"

"English, you?"

"Probably history."

From the corner of my eye, I snuck a peek at him. He had short, brown hair with a tinge of red and his eyes were a vigorous, bright brown. There was a little stubble on his chin that made him appear older.

He was unquestionably very handsome.

Mars saw me staring at him and called me out, "What?"

"Nothing, just admiring the view."

Why did I just say that? My Gods, I was a lost cause.

I let him lead the way as we rounded the bend. The one thing to never do to an Aries was to stand in their way, which I tried to avoid. It was either their way or the highway.

"How'd you find my house anyways?"

"I called the oracles and got your address from them."

The sun was beginning to dip beneath the horizon, illuminating the sky with burnt golds and oranges.

"It's getting dark, we should go back." He suggested and I nodded.

Was there something wrong with me? Why didn't he like me?

Mars stopped walking, which forced me to stop, too.

Out of nowhere, he grabbed both sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine.

After everything I'd seen and heard about first kisses, I had expected my knees to go weak and my heart to jump out of my chest from beating so frantically.

But to me. . . it was just lips on lips. No sparks. No butterflies. That wasn't to say the kiss was bad, it was just after everything I'd heard from Sky, this was what the big deal was about?

He pulled away but kept his hands on my waist.

"Pretty forward, aren't you?" I blurted.

"I thought you Sagittarius liked that."

I didn't even know his favorite color and he was already kissing me. Except I shouldn't be surprised, many couples kissed on first dates.