☫ Chapter 22 ☫

Start bij het begin

      "Keep staring Vincent and someone might think you have a crush on me." Lucas Trevor teased with a wink and proceeded to take a sip of his Slurpee.

     My face grew red and I immediately turned my head towards my lunch. I could feel the vibrations of Jude's chuckle. I wrinkled my nose and narrowed my eyes at him, expressing my betrayal through the expression I was making.

     "Look at you, bruv," he said in a mocking tone with a small smirk. He made a 'tsk' sound. "You think Chad should feel threatened by this?"

     "Nah," I answered and attempted to suppress any indication of amusement by blowing my cheeks up and looking away. He was never going to let that joke die. I'm sure he caught the hint of a smile on my lips but I pretended otherwise.

     I decided that the best course of action would be going with the flow. If it's any consolation on my behalf, it didn't seem like anyone sitting here hated me. Jenna was a nice person so I knew we were good. Kyle has always been friendly towards me so I wasn't worried about. And Lucas Trevor is sitting next to me so he couldn't possibly want to do anything bad to me. Right? That's how this works, right?

     "I'd want flying powers," Jenna said. "Like in the realm of superheroes that are real and not comic book wise, I'd want Blue Gravity's powers."

      My ears perked up at the mention of powers and superheroes.

     "Right," Kyle agreed with a snicker. I knitted my eyebrows together. Wasn't Kyle obsessed with Dark Wonder? If I'm recalling this correctly, he even stalked the guy. I can hardly believe that he wouldn't want his powers. "I, of course, love Dark Wonder." He put his hand on his chest in defense as he explained himself, sneaking a teasing glance towards Lucas Trevor.

      I should probably stop calling him by his whole name. That's weird. I shook my head. I'm being weird. It's just...I don't think I'm at the level of first name basis. You know what I'm saying? It's already a big deal that was sitting at the same table. Or maybe I'm overthinking this situation just a bit too much.

     I scooted a little farther from Lucas Tre— I mean Lucas, not wanting to push it and focusing on the intriguing conversation they were having.

     "You'd rather Blue Gravity's?" Lucas piped in, seeming offended and looking hurt. Stunned if anything. "All he's really got is flying." He pursed his lip against his straw, glaring at Jenna and Kyle as he bit it threateningly.

      "He can literally make things float!" Kyle exclaimed. "Imagine not having to get up to get the remote." Yeah, the gravity manipulation part is pretty helpful when doing the dishes actually. "Telekinesis wins."

      It's actually gravity d—

      "Doesn't matter," Lucas countered. "Dark Wonder can do so much more. Like, he has super senses. Imagine that." And then he turned to me, eyes ever so serious. "What do you think?"

      "I d-dunno," I mumbled at first, looking away from him, wondering why he's even asking me. "Dark Wonder's power seems pretty cool."

        "So if you would choose between the two?" Kyle leaned forward with a smile.

        "What about the invisible guy?" Jenna added. "He's been around for a while."

     I furrowed my eyebrows. Who?

      "But no one really knows about him. Like yeah, he can turn invisible and has electricity powers but he's not like a superhero," Kyle said to Jenna who was nodding in agreement.

      "I wonder what's his deal though." Jenna played with her hair, thinking about it as she spoke. "I heard that this guy was around when Dark Wonder was kidnapped by Razor Blade."