Episode Thirteen: Break

POV: RK800 313 - 248 - 317 - 51 "Connor."

10:05 December 1st, 2039
First floor of the Detroit Police Department, Detroit, Michigan

The feeling around the office has tempered from walking on eggshells, to walking on padded slippers, as the police department praises Sean for his ability to find the deviant, calm down the grieving father, and give a very appropriate speech for the death of his daughter. Sean is appearing more and more human with every breath he takes. I sometimes find his LED the only sign of a lack of a heartbeat in him.

"Sean! Congratulations! That wasn't an easy job. We're proud of you buddy!" Officer Whittaker slapped his large hand against Sean's turned back, as he mindlessly flipped through files, organizing them in an order that only made sense to him.

"Thank you, officer. You have made notable changes around the DPD as well, haven't you?" Sean smirked, as he leaned back onto his desk, knocking over an empty Styrofoam cup on Hank's desk - which in return - Hank shot into Whittaker's can, while looking to Sean with pride. Whittaker's face lit up.

"Well, I guess, but nothing this substantial! Cameron is a lead coordinator for the DPD. Your work has secured a tasty spot for Androids on our police force. You should be very proud." He smiled, as he sat down, and slathered a finger full of grease on the back of his knee.

"Thank you, Forrest." Sean smiled.

"tHaNk yOu FoRrEsT." Officer Kam mocked Sean, as he walked up to our desks, with Nines trailing behind him.

"Good morning, officer. I can assume your night went well." Sean sarcastically smiled. Forrest covered his smiling lips.

"Oh for fuck's sake." He rolled his eyes, sat on his chair, and propped his legs up on the desk, scrolling through a Twitter feed.

"Good morning, Nines." I addressed the android. His bright eyes met mine, and his facial muscles relaxed a little.

"Good morning, Connor. How was your night?"

"Long, but I can't complain. Forrest, has he - um." How do you ask if someone has gone deviant, and their right in front of you.

"Haha. Ask Kam! He and Nines had quite the night last night!" Forrest winked. Nine's cheeks burned red.

"Oh fuck off, you pervert. He was helping me sort through files! I invited you to come over, but NOOOOO! You'd rather spend time with your daughter." He fake rolled his eyes. I believe this is the first time in forever that I have seen Kam smile. He smirked up to Nines, and he returned the file.

"Actually, Nines lives with me. We're not in a relationship or anything, he just helps me look over Minka. It's been hard with just me, but that little bugger helped him turn deviant, when he agreed to let her paint his nails. Here, show Connor." Forrest grabbed Nine's hands, and sure enough, painted to near perfection - was Nine's finger nails with a gentle shade of blue.

"It's coral blue number three." Nines smiled, keeping his hands very still in mine as I examined his cold hands.

"I should have her do mine! How old is Minka now?" Hank smiled, grabbing Nine's hands gently.

"She's nine. I'm sure she would love to do yours! What color?" Forrest smiled, as Hank brought his hands up to his face, trying to show what color would be the best.

"I'll leave that up to her." He laughed, putting his hand down, as Nines wrapped his behind his back, standing beside Forrest.

"You and Minka should come over for dinner sometime." Hank smiled, picking a hangnail off the corner of his finger.