Episode One: 16 - 13 - 1

POV: RK800 #313 248 317 - 51 "Connor"

04:03 November 17th, 2039
Hank Anderson's House

Hank's head was lolled to the side, and mouth agape, releasing a deep snore every breath in. Sumo was radiating heat, drool trickling down his hanging jowls. I was wide awake, trying not to think too hard, as to not wake up Sumo or Hank with the noise.

Hank said I saved his life.

I have jumped in front of one bullet for him, but that was before I was, Deviant. I am sure that he means this in a different context. He said I was the reason he didn't commit suicide. It was under my impression that I was a partner that annoyed him more than served. I shouldn't have been so blind. He has let me stay at his house for over a year.

This is a responsibility that I don't know how to handle. I was built as a detective. I was manufactured with a synthetic heart to keep my analyzing components in working order. I wasn't made for affection, or love. I don't know how to support someone in this situation. I have a hard time expressing the appropriate emotions towards Sumo, let alone a human. I have always been under the implication that I was made to be replaced. That's never who I've been to Hank.

SUDDEN HEAT RADIATION.
#1101j HEAT REGULATOR SWITCHED INTO COOLING MODE

I sighed, pushing the blanket off of my legs, trying to cool down. I sat up, and drew my knees closer, consequently bringing Sumo closer to me. His drooping, old eyes remained closed, in a peace filled slumber.

The Anderson's Best Friend / Anderson, Sumo, GB
Born: 04 / 24 / 2031
Age: 9 years
Height: 29 Inches
Weight: 170 Ibs
Last Ate: 4 Hours Ago
Last Drank Water: 4 Hours Ago
Over - Heated. Healing From Hip Dysplasia, and Cataract Surgery. Mild Arthritis.

Sumo is something of a miracle. He is in his old age, but he has quickly recovered from both of the surgeries he has been through, and comes back with that drooling smile. I gently nudge his shoulders to wake him up. His drooping eyes slowly open. His tongue sticks out, releasing a dam of droll in a tired, dazed smile. I smirk a long side of him, and lead him off of the couch to cool him off, and get him something to drink. He slowly follows me, taking his weight off of Hank, and hopping off of the couch. I turn over my shoulder to look at Hank. His rhythmic snoring diverted off beat, but he was still asleep.

I grabbed the brown blanket that I tossed to the floor, and gently laid it over Hank, and tucked it under his chin. I would take him to his room, but I don't dare wake him up. We have to be to work at eight. I'll let him sleep as long as possible.

"Come on, Sumo. You're thirsty." I said, crouching as I walked with him to the water bowl. He followed me with a confused look on his face.

"You know how to do this. You're thirsty, and you're overheated." I tried explaining to the dog why he needs to stay hydrated. As he looked up to me, his tongue stuck halfway out of his mouth. I sat down beside the bowl.

"Here, drink up." I considered getting a straw, and a small umbrella for him in hopes that would incise him. He still had no idea of my intentions. Maybe he wasn't thirsty.

"Well, lets go outside, get some fresh air." It was more for me than Sumo at this point. He stood up, and followed me outside.

The stars were visible, yet they were starting to dissipate into sunlight. I sat on Hank's porch just so I could see the beginning of a sunrise. I rested my forearms on my bent knees, and leaned forward. The porch was cold, but it was refreshing.

CORE TEMPERATURE RETURNED TO NORMAL
#1101j HEAT REGULATOR SWITCHED INTO SUSTAIN MODE.

I patted the spot on the porch next to me, and whistled for Sumo to enjoy the quiet with me. Detroit before the morning is something you can't experience often. Sumo's heavy feet trotted towards me, and he heaved his large body down on my lap. The breath was sucked out of my chest. I stroked his soft fur, trying to feel it through my synthetic skin. I'll never truly know what this feels like.