Chapter 11

A/n: So, in my other stories, I have been starting to dedicate my stories to all the people who have supporting my writing, and have stood by this story even when there are really crappy chapters, so it is something that I really want to start doing, since you are the reason I write. If you are new, and are just starting to follow this story, you might not get a shoutout, but please know that I see you, and I appreciate everything you do.

So, this chapter is dedicated to @-thunderr because you supported me from the start, and time after time you continue to vote for my stories, no matter how badly the chapters are done, and I really appreciate that! So this chapter is dedicated to you. I hope you like it! 💗💗💗💗

_______

"Stay tight" James tells them, walking through the jungle of trees and into a small opening. 

Charlotte trails behind him, pushing over branches and leaves out of their way. 

She steps around James, who has stopped walking, and stares in wonder. 

"What the hell is this?" Silvko exclaims behind her. 

She slowly reaches for her gun, which is behind her back, not taking off eyesight on the place. 

Very slowly, James and her walk forward, scanning the area for what might be any human activity. 

Her shoulder bumps with James's, but neither pay attention. 

She stares at the structures around her, stepping closer to what might have been a stone arc, but is now torn. 

Her eyes widen as she sees the path laid out, leading to other stone arcs. 

She eyes James, and he nods in return. Together, they start walking forward, their senses on high commands. 

Slowly, Charlotte loads her gun, the sound of unnatural metal clicking against the natural noises of the jungle. 

She stares around her, wondered at the paintings on the stone walls, but alert about who might have done that. 

They trail in a circle, each of them wondered in the own part of the land. 

Across from her, Mason pulls out her camera, raising it into her eye. 

There's a moment of silence before Mason gasps, lowering the camera quickly. 

At once, Charlotte steps into action. She pulls out her gun, pointing it around her, trying to find whatever it was that scared Mason. 

Her eyes widen when a person, paint all over their body steps out of the bushes, the spear pointing directly at her. 

"Oh! Behind you!" Someone of the team yells, but everyone is too busy, pointing their guns at the upcoming threats. 

"Everyone stay calm! Stay calm" Charlotte yells out, shifting her aim from one enemy to another. 

But it does not seem to be working, because the rest of the team, except her and James, are freaking out. 

"Stay back!" Silvko exclaims, shifting his aim at the upcoming people. 

"James" Charlotte whispers warningly as the people close in on them. 

"Stop! Stop!" Brooks yells, clocking his gun, and getting ready to shoot. 

"Woah Woah Woah" Conrad exclaims, looking at the men threatening them. 

"Nobody Shoot! Nobody Shoot!" He yells, looking for a second at Charlotte, who seems ready to fire. 

Charlotte closes one eye, ready to fire. She blocks all the yells of her partners, and focuses on the people in front of her. 

She slowly clocks her weapon, ready to fire. Her finger moves onto the trigger.