Chapter 6

"You ready to go?" Charlotte asks Mason, who is taking a picture of the storm.

She nods and puts the camera down, laying it on her neck with a rope.

They both turn towards the helicopter, only to be met with Conrad, who is sitting closest to them, staring at the storm. Conrad turns to look at them, and his lips purse for a slight moment.

Then Charlotte motions for him to move over, a completely fake smile etched on her lips.

He looks at her for a second before smirking and tossing over his bag to the other side of the helicopter.

Then, he moves over reluctantly, scooting towards the other end.

Mason sits on the edge of the helicopter - where Conrad was once sitting, and holds her camera out to take pictures, while Charlotte winds up sitting besides Conrad.

Conrad turns to looks at her, staring for a second and watching as she buckles into her seat and turns to look at the storm. He also watches her hands, which are wrung in her lap and are moving a lot, cracking knuckles, touching her nails.

He continues to watch, and then she turns roughly to look at him.

"What?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest in a defensive position.

Conrad shrugs and stares ahead.

"Just wondering if you're nervous"

Charlotte's eyebrows furrow, and she tilts her head in confusion.

"Why would I be?" Conrad shrugs and looks forward.

"I don't know. Why would you be?" He asks back, a smirk on his lips.

Charlotte ignores his question and stares ahead, trying to hear the conversation between the two pilots. She wants to know what was going on, and if they were 100% sure that the helicopter wasn't going down because of a technical failure.

"Are we good to go?" She asks the pilots. Both of them nod and turn to her.

"Yeah. We Checked the helicopter three times" The one with dark skin answers back.

Charlotte nods, and then leans back, letting out a sigh.

"Here goes nothing" she mutters to herself.

"Did you say something?" Mason asks, looking at her.
Charlotte shakes her head

"Just thinking about some things" she answers back quietly and Mason nods, looking at her for a moment before looking at the storm again.

Charlotte feels the air of the blades as they start gaining speed.

"This is Fox Leader to Fox Group" She hears Col. Packard say over the comm with a cheery voice that makes Charlotte wince.

"It is time, once again for the Griffin and ant show" He tells them with authority. Charlottes brow furrows in confusion. Griffin and ant show?

She shrugs the words off and continues to listen to his instructions.

"As usual, remember! Hold onnnnn too yourrr buttsss!" He tells them with a loud voice and a playfull tone. Charlotte shakes her head at his playful tone. This was a mission. It was not some fun expedition, it was to be taken as serious at possible.

The men on the boat direct the helicopters, motioning with their headlights and indicating that they are good to go, and the speakers on the boat utter 3 words.

"Launch, launch, launch!" They blare thoughout the whole area, almost drowned out by the sound of the helicopter blades whirring around.

Charlotte feels the helicopter start to elevate into the air and she closes her eyes, the memories of the wind against her skin flooding her mind.

Charlotte then watches the gigantic storm, red lightning illuminating parts of it, and she feels the helicopter lean forward, indicating that they are heading towards the storm head on.

She looks at Mason, who is still taking pictures of the storm, and then she turns to look at Conrad, who is staring at the storm with an enchanced look.

Charlotte leans back and closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath, readying herself to what they are about to endure.

And so the helicopters drive into the storm. Into what might be the last mission for some, and hell for another.

A/N: soo another chapterrr. Comment how you have liked the story so far! Is it missing something? Do you want my character to do something specific?

Question: what fandoms are you part of? And what fanfics would you like to see me write?

Alsoo next chapter is throwback to when Charlotte was a Ranger so be ready for that!